Alpha Game 5 Pre-Start Announcement

Panda

Spaceman
Three Broadswords, callsigns Porcupine 1, Porcupine 2, Porcupine 3. Pilots are named Huey, Dewey, and Louie.

Chernikov

Spaceman
I'm interested, if you're still accepting players.

Would like to take a Sabre (Loki), a Crossbow (Meatshield) and if you have them in a [Mace-less?] Morningstar (Thor). If no Morningstar is available, a Jalkehi (Errant).

Avacar

Vice Admiral
I'm interested, if you're still accepting players.

Would like to take a Sabre (Loki), a Crossbow (Meatshield) and if you have them in a [Mace-less?] Morningstar (Thor). If no Morningstar is available, a Jalkehi (Errant).
Chernikov, you're in, but I need you to also state pilot names (I'm assuming the brackets were ship names). Also, we have no Morningstars or Crossbows for now. As such, you've currently got a Sabre and a Jalkehi, but I need you to name 1 more ship.

Panda, you can still correct and add 2 other ships as long as it is in the next few hours.

To everyone else, we're locked now, and I won't be accepting late applications...at least not today. I've already started setting up the pilots for each user, and next I'll start setting up the ships. Without the much-needed level editor, this will take me.... a lot of time. It's all manual database entry :S

When done, I'll post here, and reference the new thread, which will be dedicated to the Game 5 debugging.

Chernikov

Spaceman
Sabre (Loki) piloted by Olaf Magnusson
Jalkehi (Thor) piloted by Bjorn Magnusson
Grikath (Odin) piloted by Magnus Valgardson

Panda

Spaceman
Correction, since I cannot have all of the same ship, I would like a broadsword, a Jalkehi, and a Grikath.

Avacar

Vice Admiral
Setting up this game has been a long process. It is almost done; I've got all the ships down but Panda. I'm now repositioning them and checking for errors (wrong pilots/user assignments, etc.) I also already found a few bugs that only could be apparent by making a map this large and adding this many ships... so I'm fixing those too.

I also have a few other sort-of surprises, I hope. Overall, expect the game to actually go live probably tomorrow, as I don't know that I'll finish tonight (your time zone millage may vary).

Chernikov

Spaceman
Has to be a light, medium, and a heavy fighter/bomber combo. Says so in the first post...
Ack, thank you. Sabre -> Epee, if you please (or just flag me as "pirate" and make me a whipping boy).

/should have caught that
//the shields on the Sabre definitely say "medium" to me. :confused:

Avacar

Vice Admiral
Correction, since I cannot have all of the same ship, I would like a broadsword, a Jalkehi, and a Grikath.
I've switched your Grikath to a Drakhri. If you want something different, post in this thread for the change request before you engage in combat so people know what they're up against.

Avacar

Vice Admiral
Panda has dropped out; a friend of mine has already stepped in and taken over his ships. I'm posting here since I consider this pre-start info, and not game-running info.