All Wing Commander Ships Req.

MKruer

Rear Admiral
As many of you know, the Vega Strike engine, has been improving rapidly, and the WCU is also seeing rapid growth.

The goal at the moment is to capture every ship, and every cockpit, from every Wing Commander game. (WC1, WC2, Priv, WCA, WC3, WC4, WCP)

In the case of the original Series (WC1, WC2, Priv, and WCA), I am just looking for just the cockpits as a temporary stopgap unit such time that real 3D cockpits can be modeled.

As for the rest of the series, I know that there were quite a few rips of fighter models a while back, and I believe I have most of them, but I am still missing some, and some others had lots of errors. If someone would and could rip the remaining models and cockpits and send them to me.. The VSWC community would be grateful.

Thanks you
Matthew Kruer
Wing Commander Universe
Wing Commanded: The Wasteland Incident
wcmdf@solsector.net

You can find additional information at http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2416

amen, mKruer :)

That WCU mod is something I've been waiting for since I put Vega Strike together.
Clearly Vega Strike needs its own universe to give it legitimacy--but if there's anything I can do to help the engine be more WC friendly (i.e. make it feel more like the original WC's) then I will do it. And yes this means that the new in-system warp has a toggle flag and may be replaced with good ole autopilot ;-) ;-) ;-)
--Daniel

Woooo!

I could of sourn this mod had been completely scraped. So, what has been going on to keep this project on hold?

A lot of it was my lack of a model converter from xmesh->obj
since someone took the liberty of saving only the xmesh representations of the ships.

now that I have a decent converter people started to convert again

I still don't think it's a reasonable excuse since I did have an obj->xmesh converter for the last 4 or 5 years now...
but alas-- at least they can do that.

Plus I allow people to load obj files right into VS...which is great for devel but of course it would need to be changed for release

Allot of the delay of it had to do with owner ship, I came into the WCU about a year ago, and released the first of the ship packs, and like hellcat said a majority of them were in xmesh format. So I was unsure what ships were what, so a spent the next few months just trying to figure out what was going on. In addition there was a lot of cross game issues, but that has more or less been resolved at this point, and WCU is now its own standalone MOD and has no ties other then the engine to VS. VS is no longer a WC clone either, but is becoming more and more a game in it own right.

However as it stands right now, I am running 3 MOD’s

Wing Commander Universe
Wing Commander: The Wasteland incident
And my own unique mod Rylix

And im working full time, and getting my master degree

So I’m supper busy just about all the time.

So I am looking for people that can commit to some time to at least pulling out good ships to throw up and get the game up and running.

The universe map is also done, but I am adding a few other details, needless to say I will need so QA checkers to verify the data entered.

Lastly but not least, the quicker I get everything the sooner I can release an update version.

Back