Aieee!! WC 1 help.

ZFGokuSSJ1

Rear Admiral
I just got my copy of WC1 deluxe yesterday. (YES I READ PRACTICALLY ALL OTHER THREADS LIKE THIS.) I tried playing without installing, and the frames go about 100000 FPS, I also tried on my REALLY old Windows 95, even that makes WC1 go about 100000 FPS, is there ANY way to fix this? After all that first cutscene (lasts about two seconds, lol) there's a question or something afterwards and they are all different, like what are the ranges of a laser cannon or something, I don't know what the answers are, can you tell me them?

And during the Finding DOS utilities thingy it says I'm missing three files. I don't remember the names for them, but is there a website where I can download DOS files and essentials?

Well,you can deactivate all those caches in the BIOS setup, that could make your gameplay better.

I can't play it yet, there's a game-related question at the start. I have no idea what the answers are.

Plus I want to install it fully before I want to do anything.

The weird thing is I didn't install it. There's no sound either. So that's a big hint that I didn't. I wish to install it, but I can't without my DOS disks, but I don't have them. So I want to find DOS files.

Everything works fine, I got that MoSlo thing, and now it runs pretty good.

Now another problem is actually running the game, the question at the beginning, can anyone give me the answers.

The most common whenever I restarted the game:

How many square KM is Conservation Forest?

How many kiloliters of Special does Goddard export?

What is the maximum range of a laser cannon?

The Conservation Forest is 12,500 square kilometers.
The range of the Laser Cannon is 4,800 meters.
Maniac is 23 years old.
The mass of the Ralari is 18,000 tonnes.
Goddard exports 75,000 kiloliters of special each year.
The ESK rating for the Image Recognition missile is 9,500.

I started playing it, it was fine while during non-battle sequences with that slow motion program. But when it got to a battle, it was either extremely fast or hard to control.

Any help?

Hmm... lets test something -- try running sm2.exe instead of wc.exe and let me know how the speed is?

Still extremely fast, tried with the slow motion programs, still bad.

I don't have room for another computer. How do you guys play it?

Back