After Privateer 2 ending

bsmith1702

Rear Admiral
I just finished Privateer 2, but missed a few of the cinematic missions over the course of the game. They just never showed up for me. I've read in a few places that it is possible to get these after the end of the game, but so far I have not been able to get any of the cinematic missions. I've tried going planet to planet a few times but to no avail. Am I missing something or do the cinematic missions become unavailable after the end?

If you're playing on GOG, try changing the CD after the game ends. You can do this by going to the CD.DAT file. It usually has one character in the file (1, 2, 3). Change the CD number, and you should be able to go back to those CDs in order to trigger those conversations. I included the link to the cinematic missions below, all of which should have the CD number included:

Thanks for the reply. I am using the GOG version but with the Windows patch found here. CD.DAT just shows "1" but it looks like the file hasn't been modified since I started playing. darkfix_setup.exe (which comes with the patch) lets you change the CD number. I'll try playing around with that. Thank you.

This seems to have done the trick! I changed the CD to "2" using darkfix_setup, which changes the CD.DAT file. It took me a few landings, but eventually I got the Ames mission. All I am missing now is Gould/Santana and Kashumai. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: AD
I finally got the remaining cinematic missions. It did require a bunch of take offs and landings for them to show up, though. I could be mistaken, but it seemed like doing bulletin board missions helped.

I finally got the remaining cinematic missions. It did require a bunch of take offs and landings for them to show up, though. I could be mistaken, but it seemed like doing bulletin board missions helped.
I believe it's suppposed to be random but based on the disk number you are on. They should show up in different orders and a different times on each playthrough.

Back