Advent Children Update

Iceyl86

Spaceman
This is an announcement for all the sorry sons of bitches who are expecting it to come out in a couple of weeks... ITS NOT! It is now slated to come out April 14th!

In that case...boy, I'd rather have one of those in April instead of mid to late November. 8 months of free chocolate is way better than like 4 weeks.

I like those calendars.
But anyway, AC is just like FF7, a lot of glitz, not too much substance and hyped as hell.

well I respectfully disagree about FF7. Behind the botched English translation was a pretty rich and engrossing story.

However Enix has taken it and turned it into something for the purpose of making more money from the memories of fans of the original. From what I understand there was very little plot development in Advent Children, and pretty much just a lot of action.

Iceyl86 said:
This is an announcement for all the sorry sons of bitches who are expecting it to come out in a couple of weeks... ITS NOT! It is now slated to come out April 14th!

The only thing sadder than someone looking forward to that - is someone who makes a happy post about it being delayed when its been available on torrent for over a month.

Nomad Terror said:
well I respectfully disagree about FF7. Behind the botched English translation was a pretty rich and engrossing story.

However Enix has taken it and turned it into something for the purpose of making more money from the memories of fans of the original. From what I understand there was very little plot development in Advent Children, and pretty much just a lot of action.

Nomad, I actually liked FF7 (the game). But sincerely, I do think most Japanese RPGs are really fakers in the stroy department. The make the damn things so convoluted and obfuscated that you actually think there is something in there. But in the end...

I'd take the story/plot in Baldur's Gate (the series) and Torment over any JRPG. And again, I like JRPGs. I play them a lot. But most plots are nuts.

LeHah said:
The only thing sadder than someone looking forward to that - is someone who makes a happy post about it being delayed when its been available on torrent for over a month.

First off, this isnt a "happy post" I can assure you! I happen to be a die hard fan of FF7 and no matter how much YOU say it sucked wont deter me from seeing it and enjoying it!

Second, It was an FYI for those who were anxiously awaiting its release so they could watch it legally unlike some less scrupulous people (will remain nameless) who would rather risk a $250,000 fine and 5 years in prison! Think it can't happen? Trust me it can and will, I've seen it happen!

Third, I've got something even sadder, someone who has to put others down needlessly in order to keep his own insecurities in check.
Quote me on any of that ANY DAY, JERK!

Iceyl86 said:
Second, It was an FYI for those who were anxiously awaiting its release so they could watch it legally unlike some less scrupulous people (will remain nameless) who would rather risk a $250,000 fine and 5 years in prison! Think it can't happen? Trust me it can and will, I've seen it happen!

I don't think so. It makes pretty big headlines when someone gets a year or two in jail for being the mastermind behind some six-continent mega super movie piracy ring.

Iceyl86 said:
Third, I've got something even sadder, someone who has to put others down needlessly in order to keep his own insecurities in check.

Hehehe, that's great.

Nomad Terror said:

Hehehehehe, ahem.
You're confused. Squaresoft was the company doing that. Enix is the one that made fun games. Advent Children is being made by the merger of the two.

Iceyl86 said:

I love how all you Squenix fanboys react in exactly the same way. :)

I'm not a jerk - I'm an asshole. (You need two promotions to get to be one)

Halman said:
Hehehehehe, ahem.
You're confused. Squaresoft was the company doing that. Enix is the one that made fun games. Advent Children is being made by the merger of the two.

I love how all you Squenix fanboys react in exactly the same way. :)

I am not a Square-Enix fanboy, I'd just like to get that on the record. I was a fan of Squaresoft, but thats over now. As for reacting the same way... wtf? I dont care if someone doesnt like the movie, Its there opinion and I can certainly understand why, I just think the WAY he was talking to people was a little... well... overkill perhaps?

Back