Adding tractor onto gun mount

Faderaven

Spaceman
Well, I paid for the tractor beam accessory and added it to my gun mount but I have no idea how to use it. Cycling through the gun selections doesn't help at all.

There are two "tractor" items. One is the actual tractor beam. The other is the accessory "which lets you add a tractor beam" to your ship.

You most likely bought the latter.

Hope it helps.

I know I bought the add on...my question was how do i work it?

For some reason my turret has one...even though I couldn't select it when it came time to pick which gun to add it to. I'm sure it will be fun trying to fly and tractor objects at the same time.

Hitting G several times should eventually list in. If not, you probably DID get the one I mentioned. :)

Adding "Tractor Capability" lets you mount a tractor beam where it was previously unmountable. To "use" the accesory, buy a tractor beam - the mount that you added the capbility to will be available.

Turrets automatically include a tracto beam. To use it:
- Target the object you want to tractor
- Fly to within 1000m of said object
- Press F9. This resets your flight computer so that 0 set speed means you are moving at the same velocity as your targetted object.
- Move into your turret by pressing CTRL+F1
- Press g to cylce to your tractor beam
- Point the turret at the target and fire. You may have to go back to the cockpit to reorient the ship so the target is in the field of fire of the turret (i.e. place the target at the rear of the ship if you have a rear turret.

You can mount a tractor beam in place of your missiles anytime. To mount it in a gun slot instead, as has been mentioned you need to buy tractor beam capability for that slot, which then lets you actually buy the tractor beam and mount it there. Avoid that confusion by simply mounting them where they are supposed to go: on missile/tractor hardpoints. Or use the one in the turret :)

Back