Acquiring wing commander games

I'm new to CIC, but a few months ago, I had a little extra time and thought about the old Wing Commander game I used to play as a kid. I only played the first one, and wanted to play it again. Then I found that there were lots more of these games, and I tried downloading the secretopsfull, but there was corruption in the file each time I downloaded it. I found a post here from someone who had the Kilrathi Saga, and got it to run on his Windows XP machine.

Right now, I am looking for a way to acquire the games. I've got my machine set up with XP and Win 98, since it seems like 98 is more compatible with older games, and I also have an old, old 486 that I picked up at a thrift store. Anyway, if anyone could give me some tips on where to get these games and which versions to get, that would be great.

Best place to find WC items is on ebay. Might also check flea markets and pawn shops around your area. Good luck!

Yeah, I've found eBay is the way to go too. I've been able to fill in all but one of the "holes" in my original collection without it costing me an arm and a leg.

Yeah, I bought all the WC games on eBay... besides WC3 which I got in '96.

I live in Iowa, so there's no real "pawn shops" around here.

I'm gonna beg LOAF to let me buy a good copy of Privateer 2 from him.

I got most of my stuff offa ebay, except for wc2 and wc3 which are the originals I bought back in 94/96. still mising wc1,privateer 2 wc academy and armada but I'll eventually find em and buy em offa ebay.

I managed to get WC I and II (DOS Disk versions) for £1.25 each from a Second-Hand games shop that has since closed down :(

Top Gun,
I bought armada and wc1 in a used games store in london. I can find the address for you if it would be any help.

marksummers,
all WC games are worth getting. But the best are the "number" games (1 to 4 and WCP) and Priv. Armada, priv2 and academy are not so 'important' IMHO.

Nice! I always wondered what the agency photos of celebs looked like. I'm putting this guy's shop on my bookmark page :D

Eep

Have any of you used Froogle by Google? I got some pretty good results when looking for Wing Commander stuff. A used Privateer 2 for about 30 bucks and that WC4 DVD.

Back