Ace Combat 5

Iceyl86

Spaceman
Ok, anyone who likes flying games, TRUST ME this ones a winner! I just finally beat it, and let me tell you, ITS KICK ASS! I was on the edge of my seat during the main missions. I was smiling when fighters from all countries came together to fight a common foe, and I had a tear in my eye when the carrier Kestral was destroyed! This game's kick ass story line and cutting edge graphics are an A+ in my book! Definitly try it out!!!

I only played Ace Combat 2 or 3 not sure but I enjoyed it as I could choose any fighter craft when I completed one mission and unlocked a special it was good and im sure it gets better with a new sequel

Hrm. I have this game, but it's still in shrinkwrap. I bought the one with the flight stick in it, but the stick doesn't feel as nice as my Cougar...

Ah well, it's been a while since I've done a sim...

The game does rock, i just wish that there was a larger assortment of fighters available, like in AFDS, but I suppose you cant ask for too much given the game quality.

So what happens in the Ace Combat games from 3 onwards?
I cannot remember or don't know much about their plots, although it is probably all the same

AFDS?? - What does that stand for??

oh alright
i only had the playstation 1 then got rid of it and now have the ps2 heard the dreamcast was alright for while then went defunt and all

Nomad Terror said:
Air Force Delta Strike

I have Air Force Delta on the Dreamcast and it is a very fun combat simulator

Its also on PS2, I LOVE the game! I havent played Ace Combat 4... but from what I got from Ace Combat 5 Osea is going to war w/ its neighboring Nation Yuktobania, this war is being started by elements from another former nation that had been taken over by Osea after they had nuked the hell out of it... actually this story resembles WC4's story quite alot... although in Ace Combat 5, pretty much everyone comes to your aid at the end from both Yuktobania and Osea alike. At that point your wing is known as the "Ghosts Of Razgriz." Your all famous for your acomplishments during this war. In the end, you win the day, Osea and Yuktobania find a permanant piece, the carrier Kestral is destroyed, and the Razgriz never fly combat missions again.

Iceyl86 said:
Ithis war is being started by elements from another former nation that had been taken over by Osea after they had nuked the hell out of it...

Osea didn't Nuke Belka, the Belkans nuked themselves so that Osea and Yuktobania would never take their land.

Dahan said:
So what happens in the Ace Combat games from 3 onwards?
I cannot remember or don't know much about their plots, although it is probably all the same

http://www.shatteredskies.net/ is a great site for Ace Combat 4. Hell, I don't even have a PS2 and've never played it but if it's half as good as the soundtrack makes it sound I'm missing out on a lot.

Is there any way to play this game on a PC with emulation?
I'm not into piracy, I don't have a PS2 but figured maybe there is someway they can played on a PC? Unless of course PS2 games don't come on a typical disc. I have no idea if they do or not.

DyNaMiX said:
Is there any way to play this game on a PC with emulation?
I'm not into piracy, I don't have a PS2 but figured maybe there is someway they can played on a PC? Unless of course PS2 games don't come on a typical disc. I have no idea if they do or not.

Oh for god sakes, just buy yourself a PS2, they're like $80 used now!

Edfilho said:
Any good arcade flyers for the cube?
or the Dreamcast?

I liked Starlancer for Dreamcast as for the Cube... Star Wars Rogue series is pretty good... beyond that Im not sure...

Iceyl86 said:
Oh for god sakes, just buy yourself a PS2, they're like $80 used now!

Not in Australia. It's more like double to triple the price. Not to mention the fact the game itself will cost $80 AUD. I'm not paying ~$200 and more for 1 game. Especially when I don't have a TV to hook it up to in my room. It's just my PC. And I'm NOT going to fiddle around with the family TV set down stairs. Not worth the effort.
Then there is the fact that I don't play console games.

I would say the same of DYNAMIX I too won't pay x amount of money for one game and I too have a PC I would prefer to play with instead of the playstation

Back