Accolades for a good company

Michael_A

Spaceman
I reported in an earlier thread that my Thrustmaster Attack Throttle and Joystick combination quit working for me. Well I called the number for tech support and within 2 minutes I was talking to a real live person.

I explained my problem to them and what I had done to correct it. After a few questions the guy had a hunch it might be the circuit board gone bad. Well he proceeds to take some information and was going to mail me a new circuit board for free!

I will let anyone that is interested know how it all turns out. Just email me at mallen@koyote.com or mikea@cityof.sulphurspringstx.com.

It's been six days since I talked with thrustmaster and I still don't have a fix for my throttle. It seems my accolade's for a good company were premature. Things are not looking very hopefull....stay tuned.

You're still waiting for the circuit board? It takes time to process and ship. And it's probably being sent from Taiwan.

Oh this is a bad sign

I called up thrustmaster again yesterday. It now seems that I have no file on record for techsupport. So my circuit board is NOT coming. I politely asked the tech if I could at least get a pinout of the cable to circuit board so I could check to see if my cable was good, "I don't know I will have to check, please give me your email address" was the response. I bought this thing not two years ago for $100.00 and know all I've got is a $100.00 paper weight. So much for a good company. I hope they do things better with the new HOTAS 2000 setup. I really like having complete throttle control in Prophecy and Freespace no more collisions or overhshoots. I'm going to replace the cable with another from a now dead Quickshot Joystick. I've tested the cable with an OHM meter and have found two pins shorted so now I think it is the cable. I've figured out almost all of the pinouts myself so I'm going to have to dissect the old cable to figure out the two dead ones. If any body here has done this before I sure could use some guidence.

Back