Academy episode 5 question

DyNaMiX

Spaceman
Hi all.
Very quick question, when Maniac gets caught by the dioscrins, they pin him to the ground and he says "Okay!" gives up and then says something just as they pick him up, what does he say? I can't make it out.

I can't really make it out either. I got tired of looping the same part over and over, after about 2 weeks straight.. non stop I even slept while it was looping.. that canceled out subliminal messages but for some reason now my wife thinks I'm Chris Roberts and has been a very very bad boy. oh well.. what I usually do is make my self think he says... I've had better... or even.. Look at that nice rear... :)

My take on it is he says "uncle", as if in response to someone saying "say uncle" (ie- by saying "uncle" you mean that you give up).

C-ya

hmmm, I've listened to it quite a few times and I fail to hear anything else but "uncle" :) (I don't see how you can get a 'g' sound out of the beginning of the second syllable)

LOAF mentioned once about watching WCATV in closed captioning, maybe he remembers.

C-ya

Uncle is exactly what I thought too. I've got a strong feeling he is saying something like that, as in; "I'll go", "I'll call", "I give up" or something along those lines. :cool:

EDIT: Dictionary.com has yeilded some results on the word 'uncle'. I'm 100% that is what I have heard too but I thought it impossible as I've never heard of the following,
-
Idiom:
cry/say uncle Informal
To indicate a willingness to give up a fight or surrender: tickled my brother until he cried uncle.
-
Seems this mystery is now solved. Thanks guys. :cool:

The closed captioning also says "uncle".

(This episode was after the closed captions began using the actual scripts... the first three episodes are done 'by ear'... and use about thirty different spellings of Tolywn and Kilrathi. :)) (Admiral Tallwood hates the Kilrapi.)

Back