Academy and Armada Tweaking.

Yes, the Sid Meier game. And I'd say that Pirates! is proof positive that his talent had already fully emerged :).

Indeed. I always liked when the body of the enemy captain flashed red when he got hit. ;)
But I hated those treasure maps where you see almost only land. :)

I think it was the first game which made me learn English.

Was Gunship before or after?

Civilisation and Colonisation were also great games. All hail to the Mighty Roman Empire!

The Civilization series are just THE turn-by-turn computer games! A true masterpiece by old Sid... :)

Rejoice! Civilization III is in the works (nothing to do with Civilization CTP)! :cool:

From MobyGames...
Gunship (1986), MicroProse
Crusade in Europe (1985), MicroProse
Decision in the Desert (1985), MicroProse
F-15 Strike Eagle (1985), MicroProse
Silent Service (1985), MicroProse
Solo Flight (1985), MicroProse
Spitfire Ace (1984), MicroProse

Originally posted by redwolf
Was Gunship before or after?

Civilisation and Colonisation were also great games. All hail to the Mighty Roman Empire!

Gunship, Gunship 2000, maybe F-15 I, F-15II and other good sims of the earlier 90s

Ahhh pirates. Now that was an engrossing game - there was always so much to do, so many people to fight. I remember playing that when I was a mere hatchling, turning the Spanish Main into the English Main, with a mob of pirates, has got to be one of the funniest things in history. BTW did anyone experience a strange bug, which reset the game and gave you an absolutely massive armada, so that if you retired straight away you definitely became governor? Or was it just me?

Well, if we're plugging games, Tachyon: The Fringe is worth a mention. As a WC fan, this game makes me feel distinctly targeted.

Heck, one of the missions is to rescue a fringe-world carrier named _Intrepid_, fer cryin' out loud! (And I don't care if you paint it blue and call it a "Pegasus Light Interceptor," that ship is a Dralthi!)

-The Gneech

Originally posted by Penguin
BTW did anyone experience a strange bug, which reset the game and gave you an absolutely massive armada, so that if you retired straight away you definitely became governor? Or was it just me?
I'm not sure if it was the same bug, but yeah, I encountered something like that at one point. Only once, though.

Back