A Very Tiny Hellcat...

They keep making these things smaller and smaller. I WANT ONE IN 1:1!
Looks like the Saga version if you ask me.

I wouldn't mind hanging one from my car mirror. That is some incredible technology. Science fiction nano-assembly brought into science fact. Might not be too much longer till we have full scale Replicators.

Bring on Wing Commander: Body Wars. Seriously, was hoping since micrometers was possible with such fidelity that millimeters wouldn't be so difficult. ^_^

That size would be no worse than a Micro Machine.

Pretty sure it's the Saga Hellcat now. Every model has greeble, some is modeled, some just textured. And if you remove the textures from the WCSaga Hellcat, it has the exact same (modelled) greeble visible.
Hellcat.jpg

Pretty sure it's the Saga Hellcat now. Every model has greeble, some is modeled, some just textured. And if you remove the textures from the WCSaga Hellcat, it has the exact same (modelled) greeble visible.
View attachment 6098

You are correct. This is indeed the hellcat from Wing Commander Saga. I know that because I am both the author of the model and working at said company :)

I could do chess...I can definitely envision an awesome WC-themed Shogi variant...

Actually, I've been sitting on this grand vision of a WC board game for a while (for real). I wanted to finish up WCRPG before I gave it any work in earnest, though. Definitely would also require its own thread...and I'd probably not be able to use Hellcats on a micrometer scale anyway.

Anybody else measure the actual length of that Hellcat based on the scale provided in the picture? Best I can tell it's about 115 micrometers (0.115 millimeters) in length (i.e. about one-tenth the length of a flea). You'd definitely have problems using these things for game pieces of any kind, unless you had ready access to an electron microscope...

Back