A small project... And it's the first of it's type!

Kevin Caccamo

Rear Admiral
Hello people.

From the wing commander community, we have seen movies, games, mods, images, animations, and missions. This project is the first ever Wing Commander themed Cubic Panorama.

That means you will get to look around the image with 360 degrees of freedom!

It is going to depict the WC3 era, showing a massive fleet of Kilrathi dreadnoughts on one side and another massive fleet of Confed battleships on another side.

If you have any questions, post them here. Thank you.

And a screenshot from within the viewer:
panoramashot.png

The models in this image were used from the WC MDF. Credits go to Towlyn for converting the WC3 Models to 3DS format and Steele for the Excalibur and Kilrathi Dreadnaught model. Credits go to Marts "CptnEisen" Baldwin for the Korlarh model.

Seems pretty neat. I love that you've put an Armada ship in there...

So will anything actually happen, or will you just be watching a static scene?

Sorry. It's not animated, but you will get to view the entire scene in all directions. When it's done, the fighters will be rotated to look like they were going fast and ready to kill something.

This is amazing. Your project as a huge potential.
It's as simple as changing the picture and you can explore any environment- any room that you can model... and you don't have to own a modeling program to visit them... oh this is good.

The simplicity is great. I realise you're still working on this - I suggest blending the nebula background with the 'top' and 'bottom' panels of the cube. The contrast with the black space really destroys the 'this-is-not-a-cube' illusion. Otherwise, great work.

neat stuff. i think that it'd be neat if you had the nebula transition to blue on the confederation side, instead of stay red. have that nice visual contrast.

Brad

Back