A question and three new models

Eder

Mr. Standoff
First, the question: Is there any picture or model or blueprint or any reference material whatsoever of the Hhriss fighter from WC1? All I could "find" were the sprites extracted from the game files... but there's gotta be more than that on a manual, or something, right? It'd be really useful if anyone had something for me on this subject.

Now for the models... here they are, completely untextured, totally out of scale, but already looking mean enough to blast your sorry confed ass into oblivion. Or something.
(Special thanks to Sadic for the Jalthi pictures he sent me!)

kilrathi.jpg

--Eder

::hides behind his desk::

Yeesh, man, those ships are starting to scare me!!!

Hmmmm, then I may have to use some "creative license" on it... Now that's a shame ;)

--Eder

I've updated that picture to include the Hhriss, which I just finished. Not bad for less than 3 hours of work based on an in-game sprite, if you ask me :)

--Eder

I agree with you there. :)

I think that's close enough to the sprite - the Hhriss, that is. But I dunno about the cockpit, it's very round. Not that it's any fault of yours, Eder!

What are you going to do about the Krant's cockpit/s, although those two bubbles are supposed to be cockpits, they seem waaay too small. I like Sadic's interpretation on the Krant.

I do my modelling in Rhino 3D with some occasional help from Truespace 3.

Originally posted by Wedge009
What are you going to do about the Krant's cockpit/s, although those two bubbles are supposed to be cockpits, they seem waaay too small. I like Sadic's interpretation on the Krant.

Most ship sizes in WC1 are off the mark when you look at the actual designs. The Raptor's cockpit would have to be like 4 meters long for it to be 36 meters, and from the launching sequence, it seems a lot smaller than that....(assuming that the guy who helps you to your cockpit in WC1 is around 1.7 meters tall, and comparing the launching sequence in which this guy appears with the blueprints, the Raptor looks like its about 20 meters long)

Same with the hornet, and so on... I'll probably re-scale the Krant around until the cockpit looks right compared to WC2 ships (because in WC2 the ship sizes are reasonable when compared to the cockpit sizes). It shouldn't be much of a problem with the Krant in particular: according to Claw Marks it is really big, so scaling it close to that "official" size should look just about right. (unlike in the Raptor's case, in which scaling it to 36 meters would make the cockpit simply... big)

--Eder

Back