a new wing commander

I don't like eps releases. I prefere to have one big game with all the neat stuff like a handbook and stuff. Also I like the boxart of some games....if it wouldn't be for my parents when I was little I would still have my collection of boxes.
I still regret that my parents could convince me to leave them behind when we moved.

I didn't mean episodic release, just split up as episodes, like a you where buying the wing commander season 1.

I aslo love the big boxes and rue the switch to dvd cases!!:(

How many years does Arena take place after Prophecy?

And, I thought according the "original" plan for the Prophecy saga the Nephilim (pardon my spelling ~~~) were just the first wave of a alien race sweeping across this area of space.

I think the human-human conflict was done well enough in WC IV, but I could see either a game dealing with the Terran-Kilrathi War (it did last what 35 years and you only play like 5 of those years or something), or a 2nd war with the Kilrathi after they have rebuilt thier society.

Maybe a Kat leader has reforged the Empire, a leader who says that the great darkness has cleansed thier people and by the will of Sivar the strong have survived, and now they must go out to claim thier destiny.

It is hard to decide. A great deal of WC's fanbase remembers the Kilrathi, and some people where thrown off when they fought a new villain in Prophecy (going from my personel experience from where I lived). The story telling was not as good as WC IV and still felt like the WC universe. Aside from some of the characters returning WC Prophecy didn't feel so much like WC to me. They would need to try and capture the feel of the WC games.

Ok, long winded post, I will stop rambling now ~~~.

What do I want on my Wing Commander? Pepperoni and cheese.

Really though, I just want it to be fun. Whatever and where ever they chose to set it, I won't mind. I've gotten over that.

Actually, you know what would be really cool? An empire building game kind of like galactic civ but where you can build, field, and fly with your own forces based in the WC universe. It would be fun seeing what happens when you blast a Kat colony with a bug ship killing plasma gun! :)

I actually had an idea for a story that's happening 30 years after the prophecy. Unfortunately no one of the developers are able to read my mind and make something i would like to see most :)

But i wold like to see something start(at least) from landreich...

I would definately like to see the continuation after prophecy. Blair in nephilim space, the daring rescue, casey growing into a hero etc. Not sure if Mark Hamill would want to carry it on or not :p What about casey? Im sure that wasnt his voice in Secret Ops. Did he quit or something?

Dont forget, multiplayer!

I would definately like to see the continuation after prophecy. Blair in nephilim space, the daring rescue, casey growing into a hero etc. Not sure if Mark Hamill would want to carry it on or not :p What about casey? Im sure that wasnt his voice in Secret Ops. Did he quit or something?

Dont forget, multiplayer!

If he did want to continue, the length of time between games could literaly be the length of time he's been in their space. However i would hope he wouldn't be the same blair. I would think he'd be a broken man with a message of doom "they're coming". I should think it would be his last.

I want this new WC game to take a huge risk!

For once, the player loses. We're on a carrier, on the edge of space where the Kilrathi have come up with a hugely horrible plan for humanity. If they follow it through it'll be massive.

Thanks to the struggle of a few brave pilots (and their subordinates) they'll be the only ones to thank themselves as they give their lives to prevent this massive horrible Kilrathi plan from being engaged. In a little corner of space, of a massive war, a massive plan is about to be thwarted by a very small amount. None will ever know what the player and his comrades went through to prevent it. But deep down inside they know mankind owes them.

And the player "losing", that'd be interesting from a gameplay point of view.

If you're trying to guess what I'm talking about think of the film 'The Perfect Storm'. Cross this with the Wing Commander Novel 'End Run' and throw in a little player self-sacrifice.

I want this new WC game to take a huge risk!

For once, the player loses. We're on a carrier, on the edge of space where the Kilrathi have come up with a hugely horrible plan for humanity. If they follow it through it'll be massive.

Thanks to the struggle of a few brave pilots (and their subordinates) they'll be the only ones to thank themselves as they give their lives to prevent this massive horrible Kilrathi plan from being engaged. In a little corner of space, of a massive war, a massive plan is about to be thwarted by a very small amount. None will ever know what the player and his comrades went through to prevent it. But deep down inside they know mankind owes them.

And the player "losing", that'd be interesting from a gameplay point of view.

If you're trying to guess what I'm talking about think of the film 'The Perfect Storm'. Cross this with the Wing Commander Novel 'End Run' and throw in a little player self-sacrifice.

I think your character not surviving would be a nice touch

Back