A Minties moment......

Manboy

Rear Admiral
Just a simple question ... Whats youre most memorable moment in a Wing commander game???
I know there has been many cool moments , but what moment has stood out for you most?

I guess mine has to be when you have to decide if youre going to remain loyal to Confed or defect to the Borderworlds . I remember that I was in shock and was at a complete loss as to what to do next.

A close second is when you see Angel get gutted for the first time ( thats probaly because my computer always crashed just before you see that scene and it took me 5 months to figure out how to fix the problem ).

Er, a "Minties moment" is an especially embarassing blunder or failure. For me, that would definitely be watching the Behemoth blow up. I re-played that mission close to half a dozen times, convinced that if I could kill Pakthans fast enough, the Big B could be saved.

Best, Raptor

Well, my most embarassing failure was, I think, when I failed that Bhurak Starkiller mission in WC1 for the first time.

I was really shocked about Hobbes' treachery and I was a bit sad when the Tiger's Claw was destroyed and when Angel was killed.

I was glad when I completed WC1 for the first time and got the Pewter Planet.

And me trusting those Collectible Card store crooks, who offered me 15 WC CCG booster packs for only $5.00...

I should have known better... :mad:
It's been more than 3 weeks and I'm still waiting... :(

for me it is probably when right after the behmoth was destroyed and blair first learned about angel's death, Several times i said "fuck getting out of here, bye rollins" then I turned around and killed thrakath. Infacr once I was in the landing zone, and just turned around and hit the burners and took the bastard out.

Most memorable... Well, it'd have to be the bar scene in WC4, since that was the first WC thing I ever laid eyes on (well, as long as I don't count a "Making Of..." thing on WC3 in like '94 or an episode of Academy in '96, but I wasn't a WC fan at those times, so...).

As for most embarrassing blunder... Well, not knowing in WC3 (the first time I played it in early '98) to link autopilots with the transports early on in the game. I was flying through space for three hours or so waiting for the autopilot light to come on, but it never did. I got really pissed off and quit, but rented the game again a few months later and made it to the last mission, where I got hung up again. But, don't worry, I've successfully completed WC3 many times since then. :)

[Edited by Dralthi5 on 08-02-2001 at 17:35]

My most memorable moment was when Maniac and Maestro had thier little heart-to heart...
Maniac- "I don't get it, everyone else always gets the girl. Is it me or is it something else?"
Maestro- "It's you."

LOL

My most memorable moment is the Vesuvius/St. Helens battle. For some reason that always sticks in my mind.

My biggest blunder was trying to stay with Confed in WC4...twice. I did everything in my power to stay. I tried for a REALLY long time to have the Lexington not be destroyed, until I finally gave up and joined Eisen.

So many moments. A really cool one was flying inside the behemoth.

As for blunders . . . playing privateer 2 on a 900 mhz computer with 512 mbytes of ram. Damn those ships move fast.:) finally worked out how to slow it down. :)

Best Moment: WC3 Intro
Worst Moment:When i played first time the spanish version of Priv2 after paying 120 $ for it !!!
´nuff said

Originally posted by Raptor

Er, a "Minties moment" is an especially embarassing blunder or failure.
Best, Raptor

Fuck , got that mixed around with a Kodak moment. I havent seen one of those ads for years . Still , failures are memorable....

Forgot to mention my blunder. Here goes... you ready?
Actually trying to fly a mission in WC1 with an Athlon Thunderbird 1g humming under the hood. I'm not sure what happened to this day... but I think I turned around and smacked into the Claw. It happened so fast I couldn't tell for sure... :p

Originally posted by Raptor
I re-played that mission close to half a dozen times, convinced that if I could kill Pakthans fast enough, the Big B could be saved.
Ever since Shadow died, I worked out that if anything died in a cutscene, it's suppposed to happen in the story, and you can't do anything about it.

Originally posted by Dralthi5
...not knowing in WC3 to link autopilots with the transports early on in the game...
That was one of my blunders - not realising there even was an autopilot in my first play of WC2, my first WC game. Probably the only time I ever ran out of afterburn. :)

Another blunder was not realising I had SO1/2 on my compilation CD. :eek:

My biggest blunder would have to be selling my copys of WC3 and WC4......

*Hangs head in shame*

My most memorable moment was the last Behmonth mission. It looks like I wasn't the only one who replayed that mission . :)

[Edited by Meson on 08-03-2001 at 04:05]

Originally posted by Ghost
Worst Moment:When i played first time the spanish version of Priv2 after paying 120 $ for it !!!
´nuff said

you still have it?, is the deluxe version? can u seel it to me?

well i like a lot wend maniac was beat up in a hand to hand fight, and the work moment i ever have is getting a virun on the wc1 3 1/2 disket that format one of them.

Wedge: was that a red compilation CD with Ultima, Strike Commander and Syndicate Plus on it?

My worst moment was in the intro of WC2 when the Tiger's Claw gets blown up. I'd just beaten WC1 about a week ago, so I was still feeling all high-and-mighty, and then those three @*#!*~2*/ Strakha show up and...[begins to cry with memories flooding back]...My mouth was hanging open for the rest of the intro. :(
Anyhoo...
The most memoramble moment for me was just after that, when you saw the Emperor and Thrakath talking to each other (with full speech! WaHoo!) about all of the trouble you've caused for them in the past; that made me feel _ALOT_ better! :D
Overall, WC2 was probably my favorite WC game (other than Priv 1).

Back