A joystick problem

Before actually buying a new stick, I strongly suggest borrowing a friend's to see if that actually solves the problem. If not, then you'll be doing a lot of work for nothing.

Didn't say to buy a new joystick dude, just said to exchange it for the same make/modle. There is such thing as a factory defect.
wink2.gif
God knows I've pushed a few dozen through to meet my quota.
smile.gif

As for seeing a shrink... My last one got a restraining order against me and it seems that nearly every other one around here has heard and are blacklisting me...

----------
Be right back. I have to go pinch a LOAF
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, well... exchange, buy new, either way it involves a trip to the store that may not be necessary. Try a friend's joystick first.

I had similar problem in WC1 and WC2 using a Quickshot joystick (now I'm showing my age). Nothing worked tried cleaning the contacts inside the darn thing nothing worked. I had to finally breakdown and buy a good joystick. I bought a thrustmaster has worked great.

Just thought of something, Is your joystick connected through your soundcard's midi port. If so you might be having a conflict there. I do not have one but I've heard an adjustable game card will solve a great many problems.

Now here`s an idea.
I have two separate sound cards on my PC. maybe if I switch between them it`ll help.

[This message has been edited by Mad Hatter (edited September 27, 2000).]

Well, my Joystick just broke the other day and I went out and bought a new one, and guess what - No Joystick in WC1 & 2 KS version.
frown.gif

Is there a patch or something that`s supposed to correct a joystick problem or something, that I`m not aware of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, and I can't think of any reason at all for you to be having this trouble.

Which joystick did you get?

Haven't stopped by here for awhile, but WC1 and WC2 for KS have known Joystick bugs that are exactly what have been described. AFAIK there are no known fixes, though since it is a problem with direct control it may work if DX3 (I believe that is the version of DX included with KS...) is used instead of a newer version. Just going for a long shot here...

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Stinger, it`s a Dexxa joystick. It`s supposed to be O.K.

TC, you want to tell me I should downgrade my Directx from 7 to 3? I would do it just to see if it works, but there`s no way I`m leaving it that way.

Seriously, yes. 'Downgrading' to the version of DX that KS was released with has been known to fix various problems, though there aren't any promises...

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Have you tried to disable one of the midi ports on your two soundcards. Sometimes this is difficult if you have Plug-n-play cards. Generally there is a way to do it, you just have to dig a lot.

Well, I`ll give it a try, TC, but regarding the midi port, thanks but no thanks. I use various midi instruments on my PC, and I need it.

Back