A flare to brighten up your day.

Lynx

Spaceman
Or a lensflare, at least. :p

Since I had nothing better to do, I thought I'd implement lensflares into WC Saga. They give a nice cinematic feel and for some reason makes space feel vaster and larger.

But what's a WCSaga thread without screenshots? Here we go:

lensflare.jpg

that's just PRETTY.

Are those stock engine glows or something special? The TBP people could do great things to their Starfury model with something like that.

Lensflares... are from complex arrangement of lenses. Not something that you expect to see IRL or through a cockpit... but they do work well for orienting yourself during dogfights.

Those great engine glows were made by some guy called "Lightspeed" in HLP.

And it doesn't take complex lense system to generate lensflares only a bent surface. I can see something like that though not that complex through my sunglasses. :cool:

WC + Realism =collapse of your brain

If I'd start to bitch about WC being unrealistic lens flares would probably the last thing I'd take. :p

It's cool, that's all that counts. ;)

Hey, Lynx what happened to your longbow cockpit effect? On the latest Saga screenshots, It was entirely black.

The engine glow and the Lens flare look amazing, but I was really impressed with that planet in the not-so-background... It really gives a new meaning to the word "texture". Will we see stuff like that in the game????

No, currently is no planet there, but I want to add one. But I'm still waiting for Tolwyn creating me a blue gas-planet with a pretty ring :D

Starman© said:
No, currently is no planet there, but I want to add one. But I'm still waiting for Tolwyn creating me a blue gas-planet with a pretty ring :D

pah, a simple gas giant will be enough for the prologue :D

For the prologue for sure, but ... I want at least one ring-planet in the effects-folder, and [insert little child voice here] if I don't get one I will stop breathing now until I get one ;) **start's getting a blue head** :D

Back