A day in the life of Mr. B

I dunno... after playing WCP for so long, it would feel strange to me to have capships disappear :p.

--Hey, I'm BACK!--

Either option is easily codable into the mission, but making a capship disappear doesn't make sense and a destroyed capship model would not only add to the size but put some burden on poor Eder--whose has been worked to death already. :(
But we love him for it. ;) --his work ethic and diligence, I mean :D :D

So, any of the staff of Standoff tried Flight Commander, yet? :D

So much for the great outdoors for today. Mind your head on the way in, you don't wanna embarrass yourself in front of the rookies like the other Mr. B in his Ferret.

Is the landing bay in the back of the ship because that's just how the game treats landings (on the Cerberus and the Midway), or was that a design decision?

As far as I know it's a design decision, though as far as I know there's nothing that stands against it. It was only stated to have one launch bay, noot if it's a fly through or not.

Bandit LOAF said:
Is the landing bay in the back of the ship because that's just how the game treats landings (on the Cerberus and the Midway), or was that a design decision?
The Firekka, the ship you saw on the picture, has a WC3/WC4-style run-through landing/launching runway.

The Lionheart, your home capship fro the prologue, has WCP-style launchtubes and landing bays, those landing bays being at the rear bottom because the WCP engine requires it :)

How can we make the Firekka's fly-through runway work, then ? Instead of using WCP's automated launch and land funtions, we had to script both the takeoff and landing.

Bandit LOAF said:
Our Tarawa-type CVEs have run-through decks as Pierre said (you can see the other end here), and that was purely a design decision.

I modelled the ship long before I found out that having a rear entrace to the deck allowed use of the built-in landing cutscenes (like on the Cerberus and Midway). Turns out this saves on coding time, so hey, that's even better.

Back