A couple of weird, and probably stupid, questions.

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
Does anybody know of, or have, copies of the scenes that were cut from the WC movie? And if they are out there in a digital format where I can get them.
Also, does anybody know whether it would legal, or not, for me to offer Secret Ops episodes on my website, I actually downloaded it back when it was freely distributed.

No, no copies of the missing scenes are in circulation.

No, it's not legal to post SO for download just because you downloaded it when it *was* legal. Like how winning a contest to get a free car doesn't give you the right to steal cars.

EA still own the copyright on SO, so if you offered it for download without their authorisation, you'd be infringing on that. I'd think twice before offering the demo version even.

loaf that is a poor analogy IMHO, because he isn't going and stealing other products like if he was stealing other cars it would, it would be more or less equal to winning a car and then copying the design and giving away exact copies of it

All I know is that my announcement thing should be perfectly clear to anyone with an IQ over 70.

Perhaps a better analogy would be: suppose your friend goes on vacation and gets you to look after his dog, while he's gone. You don't have the right to give the dog away even though, in its owner's absence, you're responsible for it.

Originally posted by KrisV
All I know is that my announcement thing should be perfectly clear to anyone with an IQ over 70.

Wonder how much of an IQ level it takes to get you behind the stick, lol... of course he might have died rather speedily. *shrug*

Wonder how much IQ it takes to hit you across the back of the head, Antix.

::Slap::

Apparently, mine is high enough.

:p

This is all I'm going to say about the subject, maybe I'm right, but probably not.

I am a bit disappointed that all of the loyal fans who went out and bought Prophecy when it was released now have to go out and buy the Prophecy Gold edition if they want to play Secret Ops.

I suppose that EA did the free release to avoid this sort of thing, but I think there are better ways that this could've been handled.

No, they gave away SO both as a test of their online distribution and episodic system and as a sort of apology for the lack of MP in WCP. You really can't complain, you had a rather long opportunity to download a full game completely free... There was also a period of time when you were able to send in a standard prophecy and a small amount of money and you'd recieve Prophecy Gold.

TC

Originally posted by Napoleon
loaf that is a poor analogy IMHO, because he isn't going and stealing other products like if he was stealing other cars it would, it would be more or less equal to winning a car and then copying the design and giving away exact copies of it

A better way to say it would be, perhaps, letting *other* people steal cars because you were given one for free.

Owners of Prophecy can trade it in for WCP:G discs, IIRC.

Back