A couple more changes

Cpl Hades

Mr. Kat
Okay, so we've been playing about with settings again. Uh oh.

Now you can use the board's own upload thingy to upload files, but only files with a valid extension. Valid extensions are listed on the post thread/reply page. Maximum file size is 100k up to a limit of 2MB of stored files.

The other thing is user titles - anyone with over 2000 posts can set their own Avatar and title. Most people with over 200 posts already have one so they can now edit it themselves.

Those who haven't yet chosen a custom avatar have been given a special avatar. We chose that one just to encourage you to choose one yourself, not because we hate you. Which isn't to say that we *don't* hate you because we might. Anyway, yeah, don't complain because you can change it yourself.

Choose your own user title under the Profile section of the User Control Panel, and upload an avatar under the Avatar section of the panel.

Cpl Hades said:
Those who haven't yet chosen a custom avatar have been given a special avatar. We chose that one just to encourage you to choose one yourself, not because we hate you. Which isn't to say that we *don't* hate you because we might. Anyway, yeah, don't complain because you can change it yourself.

Why don´t you also encourage the "medal-avatars" Admins in the same way? :D

Cpl Hades said:
Those who haven't yet chosen a custom avatar have been given a special avatar. We chose that one just to encourage you to choose one yourself, not because we hate you. Which isn't to say that we *don't* hate you because we might.
Uhh... thanks. That "I'm Speshul!" freak had me worried for a moment. But nice upgrade to v3. I'm not used to all the changes just yet.

Question: What's wrong with "Leader"? I tried using "Rogue Leader" and I got "Rogue ~~~~~~". That's some odd censorship going on there.

BTW, what happens if people want to keep that Major-General rank?

I think leader is filtered for user titles just because it can be used to mislead people. Like someone could set their title as "Forum Leader" or something.

Well.. the Major General rank is kinda dull, but if you really wanted to keep it, I guess you could just manually set it as your title and graphic.. like type in "Major General" in the user CP.

Hmm, I thought the "Leader" thing might have something to do with that.

The Major General rank might have been dull, but at least it's Wing Commander. Now every time I post, people will see this dopey picture of Denis Lawson. :)

Wedge009 said:
The Major General rank might have been dull, but at least it's Wing Commander. Now every time I post, people will see this dopey picture of Denis Lawson. :)

Well, if you want you can put another pic, not the one that you choosed

What about changing it from "Rogue Lead" to "Red 2"?

He's a Major General, not a Lt General.

Rank graphics are no longer displayed on the Profile page.

So he must have gotten a promotion for merit :D because he has 1859 posts and the rank rule says:

Lieutenant General: 1500 to 1999 posts
Major General: 2000 posts or more

Doesn´t matter now, anyway, after I saw Bob´s rank. I just thought there was some VBulletin bug...

Interesting. Good change though. Hmm 128 posts for my next promotion. I cetter start writing!

Be happy you can reach a point where you can have your own graphic at all. It would probably be much easier just to have set ranks FOREVER (dunh dunh dunh).

Back