A Collector, Collecting Information for the Time Being

Dini

Spaceman
Hey there!

I am a games collector, among other things. That is to say, I collect games in their original factory sealed boxes, promising to retain them as such so as to increase their worth, then succumb to the passion I've had since I was 5 and ravenously tear open aforementioned factory sealed box so I can spend the next 12-20 hours drooling in front of a computer monitor before collapsing in the heat of fatigue-inducing gaming bliss.

Aaahhh, it's a good life...

So, I was wondering, could you guys, perhaps, list for me every single Wing Commander game ever made for the PC? I've been itching to get my hands on new copies of the games ever since my old DOS ones stopped working some years ago... I haven't been able to locate any of them very easily, really, but now I have some... ehh... "connections" who could help me out if I could just toss them a few names! Aside from Privateer 2 (which, in my opinion - humblest of all! - was... terrible... for a WC game anyway), I'm trying to collect as many of the titles as I can.

So, how about it? Names, anyone? I know that you know that I know you know what I want to know. Don't force me to use unnecessarily violent coercion. I'll do it. I'll do it, I said!

-Tom Dini. The Dubiously Sane Collector Dude Guy.

Wing Commander Zero

By the way, some people may have forgotten that there was an sub-minigame to te enhanced CD-ROM version of System Shock 1 called WC 0.

Just for your information.

Re: Wing Commander Zero

Originally posted by TheFraix
... sub-minigame to te enhanced CD-ROM version of System Shock 1 called WC 0...
Originally posted by Wedge009
That's not really a game, is it? Something more akin to an Easter egg, isn't it?

I don't know. What is it you guys're talking about :confused:

Yeah, where was that in game, Fraix ? I don't ever recall seeing that (and as of right now I'm too lazy to go back and install it :))

I remember WC 0. It popped up on your little HUD, and you faught against space pirates with eyepatches! I think they recycled some of WC2's comm traffic for your wingman...

The best part is when you shot the enemy ship, it made a CLANG! noise like throwing a baseball at a flag pole! :D

Originally posted by LeHah
I remember WC 0. It popped up on your little HUD, and you faught against space pirates with eyepatches! I think they recycled some of WC2's comm traffic for your wingman...

The best part is when you shot the enemy ship, it made a CLANG! noise like throwing a baseball at a flag pole! :D

Oh man! I wish I could've played that!

I went to the EBX (formerly EB Kids!) at my local mall and found EA had once again released the original System Shock. It's a steal for $5.

Though most of the enemies looked like Borg knock-offs, the game remains unsurpased with it's interface and in-depth gameplay.

Originally posted by LeHah
I went to the EBX (formerly EB Kids!) at my local mall and found EA had once again released the original System Shock. It's a steal for $5.

Sweet. If only there was an EBX in Alaska :(

Perhaps next time I'm on leave in Massachusetts, though....

Thanks for the info :D

There are *three* in Alaska! (well, a Babbages, a Gamestop and a Software Etc... but they're all the same store).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
There are *three* in Alaska! (well, a Babbages, a Gamestop and a Software Etc... but they're all the same store).

Heh heh :cool:

Babbages at the Dimond Mall and Software Etc. at the 5th Avenue Mall. I know those two quite well!

Yes, they are the same store, indeed. I think that's why the Software Etc. at the SQ1 Mall in Massachusetts (the store that sold my parents my 3DO and WC3) went away and EB took over.

The Babbages here sorta' blows chunks... but the Software Etc. does have quite a bountiful bargain bin. I shall look through it!

We used to have an EB in Nottingham (UK), but one week a while back it changed its sign from EB to GAME, are they one and the same store?

According to my GameStop discount card, GameStop, FuncoLand, Babbages, Software Etc. and Planet X are the same.

I've never heard of a Planet X...

I have a GS Discount Card as well but it doesn't mention Planet X.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
According to my GameStop discount card, GameStop, FuncoLand, Babbages, Software Etc. and Planet X are the same.

I've never heard of a Planet X...

I've only seen one Planet X, and the first time I saw it was a few months ago. Its in one of the local malls (the Glendale Galleria, in Glendale, CA), and I spotted it when I visited the mall for the first time in a few years.
Most of the time when I see a software shop in a mall, its an EB, but oddly enough, despite the size of the Galleria (its big, even for a mall), Planet X is the only software store found inside.
IIRC, the 'X' is done in the X-Box logo (not entirely sure on that point, though... memory's a bit hazy), but they sell the standard selection of software store merchandise (full array of console and PC games).

Back