800x600 screenshots

Iceman-09

Spaceman
Hi All,

I've been looking for screenshots of the various rooms in WC3/4 (i.e. Victory's flight control, Intrepid's CIC, etc.) to create some header images for a website that I'm (re)building. I did grab Wedge's WC Reference pack but I don't want to go stretching those images unless I absolutely have to (they're 640x480 and I need something around the 800-wide range).

I don't even know if its possible to get 800x600 shots of those games, but if anyone does have anything like that, would you be willing to share?

Thanks

You're probably out of luck -- 640x480 was the in-game resolution, so you won't find any screenshots larger than that.

Yeah the only way, outside of having the original source, to get higher resolution images of these shots is to resize them. THey thankfully resize quite well despite their low res, but they won't be better quality.

Hey Iceman-09,

I uploaded a pack of about 30 user interface screen grabs from WC4 a few months back for the WC4 Homeworld 2 mod that you're welcome to experiment with and/or use. As mentioned, they're 640x480 only. You can download the 2.69MB Zip archive here.

Cheers,

Bryn

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the quick feedback and info.

AD: I did resize the screenshots I have, and you're right. They don't look too bad even when enlarged.

Bryn: Those screenshots are great. Thanks a lot for them!

Back