8 jumps to kilrah

As far as we know, Repleetah was not one of these situations...

Off the top of my head, these three things take place before the 'official' contact with the Kilrathi...

- Privateers in the Landreich start dealing with the Kilrathi (2628).
- The Kilrathi capture Fawcett's World (2628).
- Dr. Kohl observes the Sivar Ceremony on Ghorah Khar (2621).

The latter two are not recognized, of course, because Confed didn't actually know about them until much later.

I ask because Madman's point about the reference to 2634 in Voices of War's "Introduction" is still well-taken. One would think that as a result of the various encounters between the races during the five to six years leading up to the War, the Kilrathi would have gained a fair impression of Confed know-how.

Eschewing the possibility of a typo (the total text is just too short), I think the "Armada" statement makes the most sense if it's describing an extended encounter with Terran scientists (constituting all or part of the "exploration party") that allowed the Kilrathi to learn about Confed science in greater detail.

Repleetah would fit the bill in this respect, but of course that's surmise.

i think the jump point that dark tower was referring to was the one where the victory has gone into the kilrathi's terriroty in ariel system and then as they are bugging out, they find that the jump point has "disappeared" - the kilrathi putting a blanket over the jump,
this is while blair is taking out a kilrathi carrier and rollins is going "what do you mean its not there? how can it not be there?" and then Intel find a jump point that the victory safely jumps thru into safety...

Haven't bothered reading everything, but I'm sure that jump point was the one Confed sent Armada's Lexington into.

Back