3D Programs

matthew954

Spaceman
Ok, I'm getting ready to make some ships for my Flight Commander mod. Which program is the best one to use? I have 3DS Max 5. I'll need an export script to be able to make the models for the game.

What format are you using for your game?

Good 3D tools are Max, Lightwave, XSI, Maya, Cinema4d, Blender, Rhino...think someone from Standoff is using Rhino.

The game uses .mesh. Its for Flight Commander. I know im going to need to export it as a .mesh. I know it can be done because of wc1 remake and rangers glory. I just dont know how.

matthew954 said:
The game uses .mesh. Its for Flight Commander. I know im going to need to export it as a .mesh. I know it can be done because of wc1 remake and rangers glory. I just dont know how.
Maybe you should pm the people behind those mods to find out. ;)

matthew954 said:

Actually if you are using Flight Commander you can simply export as .obj and it will be recognized by Flight Commander. You can convert to .mesh but do not need to. Eddieb is the programmer of Flight commander and he can fill you in but I do know that the game recognizes .obj meshes. If I were you then, I would stick with 3d max if you are familar with it.

at least until eddie finds the time to improve the object to mesh convertor, which would be in say about 2 eons :p j k

yeah, to be specific, they are lightwave objects

Back