3D Models TODO list

Cyberion

Master of Orion
Well i've decided to create a seperate list of 3D models that need to be done. For easy tracking.

*Red color represents the models which are under the development.
*Orange is for the models, which were modeled, but need textures.
*White color represents the models which are free to be modeled, cause noone have taken them so far.
*Green color represents the models, which were finished and have textures.
*To the right of every model is the name of a modeler. That way it's easy to track down who did what.

Dorkathi transport - Cyberion
Sheffield cruiser - Cyberion
Ralari or Ralatha
Kilrathi assault shuttle - Cyberion
Terran/Kat marines. - Spirit
Anything anyone feels like doing really ^^;​

P.S. Spirit, could you make it sticky?

I recently was sent the original 3d models used to make the WC2 sprites. This is neat because I can throw away the Dorkathi abortion I was making. I'll put them on the server for download as soon as I have room for it. I guess that it's easier for modelers to modify those rather than do from scratch?

well I would love to see those models. But not always it is easier to modify the models. Sometimes it is easier to model from scratch. But go ahead, post the models here, i'll be updating the models section than ;)

i don't really like direct dumps of art models into the game. maybe its possible ot make them sitable. i dono. often times they are a mess compared to a proper game model. (just cause there was no need to be clean)

it would be best to use the original art models as reference material to do your own version of them. even if remade almost identical.

but i guess nothing is a rule in all cases. maybe some are suitable. some prolly aren't. i would be careful how you do it if you plan on using the art models.

-scheherazade

it's a doubt that i would use them and modify, mostly as reference, but still having those models may releaf us ;)

but anyway, am I the only one who is going to model here? lol

whoa now....those, to my knowledge, are NOT to be released to the general public. if sent to you, they are to stay in the ONE persons hands, and NOT given out. so spirit, that means you alone may have them. thats the arrangement. and i am dead serious on this. the person i got the models from was pretty adament about this point. if you MUST give them away, do so discreetly, the fact is....it could SERIOUSLY jeapordize a future mass release if folks see them just floating around the public area.

also, do NOT put them in the game. this was done a while ago by a gentlemen, caused some nasty issues too with getting the models released to the public. if you want to use em, model them low poly for the game community.

they're far too beefy for a game engine, don't put them in, you can use them to build far better high poly ships anyway. the textures are crap too..

the dorkathi, i've done a model of I can get, also I've retextured the original dorkathi which afaik was allowed to be given out as per one of the news items on wcnews.com.

Yeah, I would also strongly recommend against even trying to put these models you may have received into your game mainly for copyright issues. You have no legal right to these models, putting them into your game can cause some serious repercussions. Until these models are released to the general public and given free endorsement to be used in projects, you'd be far better off to just use them as a reference source and model your own interpretation of the ships. I also believe there is a Bengal model currently available in the meshes download section of WCNews...

good points guys. I guess they are right. Well if you are willing to send them to me, you may PM me the link or if you changed your mind than at least make some nice images for the reference, so i'll have material to work with.

Anyway if you send me the models, they are going to stay on my harddrive and be used only as reference.

apparently I can't edit my first post? any ideas why? I need to change the progress and the colors of some models. But i can't edit :(

You lose the option to edit like one hour after the post so you'll just have to post a new one with the updates...or ask a Mod to edit your post but it'd be much better to just post a new post. :)

what images do you need cyb? give me a list and i'll work on rendering them all out for you.

Brad Mick

all, cause you never know when you might need the reference ;) Do not want to end up with another gladius.

And why on the earth nobody wants to give me the models? lol

alright, when i get home i'll send you what i've got rendered so far of the wc2 models. be a few hours, in class ATM.

Brad Mick

the main answer is...they're not supposed to be given out.

Spirit, could you change teh Sheffield's color to orange and also make Dorkathi transport in red color and to the right place my name, i'll be modeling the ship.

I can't edit my post, so have to ask you.

Spirit? could you edit the first post? Make kilrathi Shuttle and Sheffield in Green color and Dorkathi in red ;)

thx,
Cyb

Back