32-bit mode..

Naféasonto

Swabbie
Banned
Anyway with Windows XP to get 32-bit to work, because if I set it it just crashes the game before it loads, it works on 16-bit though.

Setting the game to run in Win 95 compatiblity mode should be enough to allow you to play in 32-bit mode - at least, it works for me that way. However, it is possible that the problem you're encountering is related to something other than XP, because in XP, you should have trouble running the game even in 16-bit mode (without turning on the compatibility mode, that is).

Oh, to set the game to run in Win 95 compatibility mode, what you need to do is right-click the shortcut to the game, open up properties, and go to the compatibility tab.

Come to think of it, yeah, that sounds likely. Naféasonto, what's the error message the game gives you when it crashes?

Yeah I have an ATI card, ~~~ I know how to set the compatbility I am tier 2 tech agent I know computer hehe. Is it because it's an ATI card? Anyway to get it to work?

There's a DLL file included in our Ep 2 package that fixes the 32-bit problem on *some* ATI cards. Switch gl_0000x.ati with gl_0000x.dll and try it out - if it still doesn't work, then I'm afraid we don't know of a way to fix your problem yet.

Standoff still doesn't look *too* terrible in 16 bit mode, though. ;)

Glad you like it. :)

Hopefully we'll eventually find a way to fix the 32-bit ATI bug.

(We can always hope ATI accidentally fixes it by releasing a whole new generation of video cards, as well. :p)

It would seem that enabling "Support 32-bit Z-buffer depth" in the advanced display options fixes the problem (at least for me). If you use Catalyst Control Center you'll need to access it, switch the view to Advanced. The option can be found in 3D -> API Specific. If you use Control Panel version then it should be somewhere in the 3D tab also. If memory serves you would have to click Compatibility button somewhere on that tab (and make sure Direct3D is selected).

I'm using ATI Radeon 9000 Pro with Catalyst 5.12.

Back