27 August 1998

I guess it'll be a few days until we find out whether or not monkeys in a tube was worth the price we paid.

Stop it.

I know it's really trivial, but when I read the front page news, I expect it to be at least remotely, but recognisably, related to WC is some form. I fail to see the connection to Monkeys and a Tube. True, we've had some toys on the front page recently, but they've all been WC toys/models.

You're absolutely right.

It is very trivial, so there's no need to get all hot and bothered about it.

Originally posted by $tormin
who joined back then? if you can remember.
I was talking about http://www.wcnews.com. WCSO predates the current board, and I never came here (and wasn't on staff) at the time, so I don't know what it did to the board's traffic. Chris, LOAF or Hades might remember what the activity was like.

I'm not entirely sure what the board was like -- that was *right* when we switched to a UBB, IIRC... (we used the wonderful wwwboard for years before that -- back at WCHS, which was a offshoot of the Origin board...)

I remember those day's... a bit. I posted a lot more then. There were the old WCHS board and then the CIC oppened. We posted a lot to the new board but also over at Dans Wing Commander Movie page. There was a lot of trafic from not just SO but people checking out Rumors about the Movie. I sort of slacked off in posting about two years ago for various reasons... moving out and not being around the parents computer, marriage, etc. Recently though I been posting a bit but I had to re-register (since I missed the conversion to the new CZ format). Luckily I got my old username back.

-AD.

Speaking of dates.....( i know is off topic)
Today is the Revolution day in Argentina,The 25 of May 1810 We freed ourselves from Spain.

Happy revolution day to any Argentine that read this board ( if there anyone besides me ;) )

[Edited by Ghost on 05-25-2001 at 17:02]

Back