27 August 1998

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
What was so special at the CIC on this date? I finally decided to have a look at what was in those two icons at the bottom of the front page, and one of them said this was the busiest day with over 10k hits. Now that's a lot!

That was the week of the SO release. Huge amounts of people flocked to the CIC. Paritally because it's the best place for WC News, and partially because there was a link off the SO page.

TC

well hopefully this never becomes one of those sites for a game that nobody remembers (kinda like some of those rockstar fansites ;))

Which isn't too bad, considering the circumstances. I believe page views have actually gone up in the last few months.

TC

People don't refresh the news constantly anymore, because I'm smart enough to update each night on time.

Our average visitor count has always been around 1,000 a day. And we're actually at a 18 month high these days.

Okay, what I meant was what's so special about Monkeys in a Tube. You said "The Tube", which I thought was you implying that there's this great big fad to do with a certain Tube.

Well...

They're monkeys... in a tube.

I mean, what's not to like?

[Edited by Frosty on 05-25-2001 at 01:23]

Back