Sheesh give it some time! The year just started & already people are going nuts looking for there flying cars. There is still the entire year yet. Don't panic about the absence of your flying cars until the eve of 2002 when it's clear you've been ripped-off.

Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh! And holographic TV sets! And orbiting space hotels! And-- *gets dragged away by the local mental hospital staff*

Hehehe... over here, someone came up with the interesting idea of showing Clarke's 2001: A Space Odyssey on the first day of the new year :).

...It made for a wonderful, wonderful laugh. I suppose it's a shame, in a way - it's kinda disturbing to think of something created by Clarke as pathetic ;). Yet, it is, now.

hehe i was watching discovery on day, and it was about that new space shuttle thingy, the X33 or something, well anyway, it's gonna replace the space shuttle in 1999...Yep...

Wait, you consider it pathetic that 2001 didn't happen? Were you *expecting* it to? Science fiction...

(And if you want to find something Clarke did that's pathetic, just swap the '2' for a '3'...:)).

(I, personally, am very pissed that those early Known Space stories never happened...).

No, of course not, LOAF :). If I had actually expected an SF book/movie to happen, then I'd be pathetic :).

What, then, did I see pathetic about it... it's a bit difficult to define... it was just... off. I dunno.

Is 3001 really that bad? Haven't actually read that one.

Another note... the space hotel and moonbase scenes in 2001 took place in 1999 -- we should have been complaining then:)

2010 was okay -- it was fun, not a great work... 2061 was a neat little sci fi story, but not particularly notable. 3001 was the worst book ever printed, bar none. :)

Back