2 questions about secret ops and prophecy and some Ideas for mods

As I stated I did go overboard with it, but then earlier on this board I didn't respond to this post but I'll do it now, someone mentioned that maybe something of a 4th right scenario type thing, so this is my idea for what he mentioned this one isn't so far out there:
years down the road (about 20 years) (lets say the bugs have been minmized cause they wouldn't fit in. They still appear but have no allegence and arn't the main baddies) well lets say that some of the pilots and leaders from the black lance did escape and they started recruiting again keeping it hidden. now taking a side step because of the emergence of the bugs the cats and humans put their war behind them the cats (also repopulating) have been allowed into confed as well as the borderworlds fully uniting with the confed government making a united allegence. But there are still angry people (as well as cats) within the united allengence so they get recruited to the black lance restarting a war between the united confed and the black lance. Since the Bugs never had a leader established by origin they just do hit and runs attacking everyone. So basically its a merge with a cats flying of the same ships with you against human enemies also teamed with the Cats. Some mixed technology from the cats and confed leads to some unique new ships and weapon advancements.

good idea, I would like another shot at the BL and the Cats. but some might say it is too much like freespace 1/2. its stroyline is almost identical to what you just put.

how true, how true. though i have to point out that some of the parts of Freespace 1/2 are better than WC (treasonous to say, but it is the truth). there is this part in F2 which is the best nebula i have seen in any game. this is why I am eagerly awaiting the battlegroup serpent mod. it uses the same engine as F2.

Hey Aries You Got to fly the other games if you have to just to keep your heart in this type of game. matter of fact I am purchasing all the different space sims I can get my hands on just to keep me going through this drought. someday awaiting the rebirth on the genre. (and I agree some do stuff better than WC but the same can be said in reverse.)

I always thinking about this: Its similar of what you said.

A BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG battle between BW,Confed,Cats,Bugs,Steltek and everything.But please no ressurected heroes etc. It gives me the creeps!

Theyll be back..... I dont know...

We know very few about them.Very mysterious, arent they ?
Just like the new bugs:p

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Theyll be back..... I dont know...

We know very few about them.Very mysterious, arent they ?
Just like the new bugs:p

Yes, but with the bugs, you actually have a fighting chance.
With the Steltek, an unmanned combat drone was singlehandedly wiping out the local Confed battle fleet. I don't think a manta could pull that off.

Originally posted by junior
Yes, but with the bugs, you actually have a fighting chance.
With the Steltek, an unmanned combat drone was singlehandedly wiping out the local Confed battle fleet. I don't think a manta could pull that off.

You are correct about that , also dont forget tha Manta is a fighter not a drone ! So Imagine what the Steletek Fighters would do.... :)

Anyway I would like to face the stelteks somewhere in the future :)

P.S. Have you seen last year`s Long Cold Winter trailers from WcRPG ?
I think they are Steltek they are facing and they really kick ass!

I actually didn't get that far into privateer 1 (cause of the problems getting it to run in dos (didn't have the know how back then) and now I can't get it to run in xp cause there is no dos) yes I own a copy of the cd which I just dusted off. so I don't remember the steltek. were they in privateer 2 (I got to the first meeting with Chris Walkins character and gave up because of a harddrive dieing) and don't remember them In that.

NO NO , in privateer2 there is nothing familiar with the other WC games (that doesnt mean that its not in the WC universe ) :)

So, no Steltek there :(

I didn't say they weren't just said I didn't remember them. I'm not doubting you they were there I just can't picture them in my head is what I meant TCS

Well no one said you doubting DoomsDay , I just helped you remember :)

So : no steltek in Privateer2

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
I actually didn't get that far into privateer 1 (cause of the problems getting it to run in dos (didn't have the know how back then) and now I can't get it to run in xp cause there is no dos) yes I own a copy of the cd which I just dusted off. so I don't remember the steltek. were they in privateer 2 (I got to the first meeting with Chris Walkins character and gave up because of a harddrive dieing) and don't remember them In that.

The ONLY appearence of the Steltek to date in any WC universe material is toward the end of the plotline in Privateer 1. IIRC, they're mentioned briefly in the ICIS manual for WCP, but only to discuss whether its possible that they are the aliens who have taken over the Kilrah system.
About the only things we really know about the Steltek is that their technology was incredibly advanced compared to Confederation technology at the end of the Kilrathi war, and that they left this area of the galaxy millenia ago for reasons unknown.

Back