You know, I bet there are no females on this forum.

Hmmm...

My wife "Venice" never played Wing Commander, Privateer or any space sims like that, but - on the other hand, she really like to watch me doing it.

Why? Well, my idea is, that as long as I play on my pc, I simply have no time (or reason) to play with other... yupp, you got it: girls.

So she in control.

Deacan

PS: I still believe this is also the reason why she surpports me so much during my sleepless nights on the keyboard - with coffee.

PS II: Venice got a PS II and a Nintendo DS. Her only games are: worms, tetris, super mario cards and stuff like that. And, I forgot: several braintrainer...
And I? Just sitting prior the PS II and play mercenaries...

Quarto said:
Why would anybody want her email? And why do you consider yourself one of the "lucky few"? I know nothing about you, but somehow I doubt that you chose your wife based on the fact that she likes computer games.

...I mean, really, why this obsession with female gamers?
Yeah, how strange it is that we gamers would like to have wives who share our interest in gaming! preposterous!

Edfilho said:
Yeah, how strange it is that we gamers would like to have wives who share our interest in gaming! preposterous!
It really is preposterous, though. Ever heard of chess players getting so obsessive about finding a woman who plays chess? Or stamp collectors, looking for stamp-collecting wives? Or hunters, looking for wives who can drop a deer from two hundred yards?

Yes I have, I know plenty of men who can’t stand women who can’t hunt or play sports and video games. A lot of them found their wives just doing the things they love and presto, they actually ran into women with things they had in common.

Males (or females) may not consiously look for someone who shares their same interests in when they are pursuing a relationship, but i think everyone will agree that it is nice to find someone who shares your interests as it means the two of you can enjoy an activity together.

Quarto said:
Why would anybody want her email? And why do you consider yourself one of the "lucky few"? I know nothing about you, but somehow I doubt that you chose your wife based on the fact that she likes computer games.

...I mean, really, why this obsession with female gamers?

The email part was a JOKE (hence the smiley face) based on some of the other entries here. Others mentioned that many women play games but don't acknowledge their gender because they don't want to be spammed with "love" messages by guys with juvenile tendencies.

And I am LUCKY because I married a woman who TURNED OUT to like to play video games. I didn't know that when we married (and neither did she). If I would have married her based on her liking to play video games, I wouldn't have said LUCKY. I would have said that I was INCREDIBLY (& STUPIDLY) PICKY.

Quarto said:
It really is preposterous, though. Ever heard of chess players getting so obsessive about finding a woman who plays chess? Or stamp collectors, looking for stamp-collecting wives? Or hunters, looking for wives who can drop a deer from two hundred yards?

How do you know that? I have no idea what deer hunters are looking for. Maybe they would like a female hunter.

Gunslinger2 said:
If I would have married her based on her liking to play video games, I wouldn't have said LUCKY. I would have said that I was INCREDIBLY (& STUPIDLY) PICKY.
Hehe, well, I'm glad you make that distinction :). That's exactly the right attitude, IMO - yes, it's nice if it turns out that you have a common hobby, but it's definitely not the be-all and end-all of a relationship.

Delance and Ace Rimmer - what I'm getting at in general is that while it's nice if your wife enjoys some of your hobbies, it's not a good criteria to choose your wife.... especially if taken to the level that you sometimes see on the internet, where male gamers get bizarrely over-excited when they realise that the gamer they're talking to is a girl.

Delance said:
How do you know that? I have no idea what deer hunters are looking for. Maybe they would like a female hunter.

You people are missing the point: don't act creepy.

Quarto said:
............Or hunters, looking for wives who can drop a deer from two hundred yards?

It's absolutely required. And with open sights. (though she's not a gamer :( )

Attachments

• bacon.jpg
    bacon.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 182
It's absolutely required. And with open sights. (though she's not a gamer :( )

Haha that's neat. I'm not hunter but I think it would be pretty cool to find a wife that would like to go to a shooting range with me. (not shooting at me! :)

I agree with Quarto...finding a wife that enjoys all the same hobbies or even some of the hobbies that you have should probably not be the primary criteria when considering them to be your spouse. However if they do share a passion for those interests that you have then that's a definite plus as you will certainly have some things that you can both and enjoy and spend quality time with each other doing those things. Not a strict requirement though.

Back