Wow Great Game!!! (But its really hard)

Flash wasn't so bad, just get in close behind him and fire off a couple of heat seekers.

Next to the movies, the best part of WC4 was that missles actually did their job when they hit :)

I must say that with all the different storyline options there were plenty of missions for WCIV, and the story just added to it. It also made it more realistic

Originally posted by BossMan
But some missions do just seem impossible

Try the mission simulator onboard the Midway, you can run them as many times you want, until you improve your skills. Plus you get to fight the kilrathi on them, not just the bugs ;).

Just imagine WCIV's story and interactive video with Prophecys mission variety and visual flair with a multiplayer element.
That would be a damn fine WC game.

Originally posted by Cricket
Flash wasn't so bad, just get in close behind him and fire off a couple of heat seekers.

Next to the movies, the best part of WC4 was that missles actually did their job when they hit :)

Not when you're outnumbered Five to One on the nightmare level, it's not. :D

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by LeHah
Still, WC3 is perfered to me. It had a darker quality and more hushed, esp since Confed was losing the war, a contradiction to the previous games. I think I'd've put WC2 above them all, but 3 had the whole live actors and FMV thing that pushed it above the rest. WC2 had a great damned story though (I played it after WC3) and I love it to death, though, my mind's eye isnt as "pure" as some on this board. You say Kiltahi, I think of WC3, not their previous incarnations, which still look mighty cool. Hobbes shoulda kept the earings and stuff! :D

I loved WC2 too. WC4 was great, but i hated some
of those missions. The game was also too buggy.
I think problem with WCP was that those bugs were ripped
from B5. And what kind of horror movie allows you to
shoot back to enemy? Few cutscenes were you could
decide what to say would been nice. Story was ok, but
left all open. When i read HTL i thought that WC5
should have based on Valley Forge beacuse it has
better story than in Propechy.
Still bugs were too stupid, i mean if i play in harder
level, it is plain suecide beacuse there is million of
them! can´t be hard to make AI that flies like
human and changes its tactics!

Originally posted by Earthworm
Originally posted by LeHah
Anyone try the final battle with Seether on Nightmare?
Yup, and he was easy as hell....:) Flash in the WC3 simulator is much harder IMO.

The hardest one for me ever was Thrakhath on the loosing track of WC2. You went off lone wolf style and had to take out two capships. You had to face a wave of Strakhas and something else, then you ended up by the two cap ships, some Jalkhi's, and Thraky. It was tough.

Originally posted by Raptor
Not when you're outnumbered Five to One on the nightmare level, it's not. :D

Best, Raptor

Quit complaining!!! ;) Two cruisers and 6 or so fighters vs two longbows on nightmare is hard.

The hardest mission for me was the one where you had to protect Ghorah Khar against those two Fralthras. I think I've beat it once in my life.

Missiles are harder to dodge in Nightmare? I just thought the enemy pilots flew better.

Originally posted by Manboy
Just imagine WCIV's story and interactive video with Prophecys mission variety and visual flair with a multiplayer element.
That would be a damn fine WC game.

Am I the ONLY person who liked WCIV's missions better?? I always found WCIV missions thrilling, even the early missions could be the end if you got sloppy, all it takes is one missle or collision.

I liked WCIV's missions. In fact, I don't think WCP had alot of variety to it, it just had pretty good graphics and a good engine. The missions in WCP were pretty much just go out and kill bugs, the end.

WCIV I think actually had the most mission vareity, with the atmospheric missions, recon type missions, raids, and the like.

WC3 for the most part was like WCP in the way of missions, go out and kill Kilrathi...the end. Although 3 still stays my favorite of the series, for a number of reasons. Here's my list in order how I like them.

WC3, WC4, WC2, WC1, Priv, WCP

I didn't really find WC3 too repetitive, i really really like (see, no past tence!) it! If you find it too repetitive, maybe you arent a hardcore WC flyer, i love WCSO, i finished it so many times i cant count but i still like it!

WCP missions got reppetitive after the first mission. Fly to each nav and blow up fifty million bugs, then for a hard last mission, how about a hundred million bug face off! I liked the missions of wc 3/4 better.

Originally posted by RATM
I didn't really find WC3 too repetitive, i really really like (see, no past tence!) it! If you find it too repetitive, maybe you arent a hardcore WC flyer, i love WCSO, i finished it so many times i cant count but i still like it!

I don't consider myself a hardcore flyer. I play WC for it's story. I don't even really like space sims as a whole, a few of them are fun. WC is the only one I really like.

But I don't think WC3 was TOO repetitive, but it was kinda patrol and kill kats through the whole thing. I enjoyed that game though, in fact it's my favorite of the series.

My favourite game is WC3. However I think the enemy were most challenging in WC1 and 2. For me the later games' difficulty settings were either too easy or too hard. WC1/2 were just right.

The great thing with WC4 were the missiles. If you're outnumbered big deal. Just jump in a Banshee or a Longbow, load up with Imrecs, fly close to the victim and let the missile rip. Oh yeah...

Originally posted by BossMan
...two people in my squad have been KIA and its really gutting
AFAIK, only two pilots on the killboard are 'storyline' deaths. The rest are all 'generic' pilots - they can die, and you don't have to worry about them... unless you miss their comm speeches.

It's interesting that people still try to argue which WC is the best. IMHO, they all offer up something.

WC1: The game which started it all...
WC2: Brilliant plots, varied cutscnes and speech!
WC3: FMV and Luke Skywalker, of course. :) And the end of the Kilrathi War.
WC4: Immersive story of epic proportions. [No, Wedge, not clichéd at all. :)]
WCP: New character, new series (supposedly) and a return to gameplay as the focus. Hence a nice new engine.

Well now that i think about it WC4 did have better mission variety than Prophecy , its just WC4 felt a bit to arcadey at times due to the physics engine sucking arse. I sound like i hate it , but i dont and in fact i probably played WC4 more than any other WC game. But i still think Prophecy played better.

Back