World's Largest Video Game Collection? & Brief Interview

nah, he just stole them all.
and btw, his collection is so big that he must have a lot of crap too.

The problem with such collections is that they end up bing large amountes of boxes filled with air. I had to free some space here, so I just keep my best boxes for display, and most of the rest ended up folded and stored. Of course my collection is a tiny fraction of this guy.

Delance said:
The problem with such collections is that they end up bing large amountes of boxes filled with air.

I think you're right.

After reading the brief interview with the owner It didn't seem to me like he really got a lot of enjoyment out of his collection (maybe it was just a translation problem).

Reading RedWolf's comments in the article's responses provided some interesting information:

I will tell you that he lives in Canada. I’ve also heard from one of his friends that he runs a video game booth at a local flea market on the weekends. So that explains a lot about this mess ‘o’ games.

I do know from his friend that he does actually collect games though, intending to make a set of at least one of every game for every system (or something similar). The collector himself didn’t say as much, but then again, he didn’t say much anyway. His friend called him “eccentric” and doubted that he would ever reply to my emails in the first place, so I guess it’s no big surprise.

FYI - Here are the questions I asked that the collector didn’t answer:

1. Where are you from?

5. How many of your games are unique and not duplicates?

12. About how much money do you think you’ve spent on your video game collection?

14. Some people might think your collection is a little excessive. How would you respond to that?

15. Do you have a wife or girlfriend, and if so, what does she think of your collection? What do your friends and relatives think?

17. Pictures of your collection have spread around the net pretty quickly since I linked to your game room page on videogamecollectors.com. Is there anything else you’d like to mention to our readers or have them keep in mind while viewing your collection?

Back