Woohoo finished UE

culler

Spaceman
Managed Endgame 1A

Admittedly only on Ace level. I usually just start with the default and play that (start on Ace, finish on Ace).

You guys who can finish it on Nightmare, geezus, you need to get out more :D j/k (off to have a life now ;))

???? Its not impossible....and dont have to be a Computer Geek to do that......I did it easy enough...

I bow down to your superior talent then.

Took me a weekend to finish it, and wasn't willing to spend any more time than that, other stuff to do.

Originally posted by Quarto
Well, I've never even tried it on nightmare :).

Do it !Its very challenging ! As I said before ,Its the second most difficult WC,after Wc4 and Nitghtmare.

Eh, I miss nothing. Nightmare mode is simply a lot tougher... big deal :rolleyes:. I'm not that great a player anyway, and I'm perfectly content with Ace or Hero mode. I know that getting through the games on Nightmare would be a long and frustrating struggle for me, and frankly, I don't need that :p.

Exactly, I enjoy it just fine the way it is.

oh btw before I forget, great job Quarto, and all the rest of the UE team, credit where credit is due. Looking forward to UE2, and flying more BWS ships ;) well, more Banshee missions at least :D

Let me guess, no more Banshee? doh!

I prefered the ship complement on the Intrepid in WC4, the Banshee and the Avenger were my favourites, and the Vindicator was cool looking. Those ships stick in my mind as BWS ones, not Scimitars and Epees.

Oh and I definitely frown on flying any more Grathas :D Maneuvers like a pig and pathetic shields and armour. I'd take a K'ha'haf anyday though, loved the guns on that weird thing.

The problem with the WCP/SO engine is that the difficulty level isn't very noticeable IMHO. I find myself regulary checking if I am indeed at the right one. Granted, Rookie might be a bit easier, but the rest plays mostly the same. If you can beat it at Veteran you can probably beat Nightmare as well with only slightly more tries.

Filler... me too as it happens, its always how I saw Unknown Enemy but I didn't push it once we started to get Eder quality WC1 models :)
Personally I was happy with the number of WCIV models, they were however underused IMO but UE2 can quite easily mark a change to that trend. Personally I am most excited about the new fighters.

What are the UE2 ships going to be? I keep reading about this "Rapier IV", but I don't remember seeing that in UE, though admittedly, I didn't read much of the fiction (just "Story" sections), nor play the simulator. No time, wanted to finish the game real quick :)

Back