Wingcommander RANK

Roberts

Spaceman
Hello,

Am slightly obsessed with the rank structure used in WC3/4 and wondered if there is an official list with pictures?

Its just that wc1/2 use US navy ranks which is understood and WC3/4 use squares and bits which don't match the charaters? I.E Vagabond in WC3 is listed as a LT and weres a captains badge and maniac wheres a different rank in WC4 than in WC3.

Help please!

You might be confusing Navy ranks with those of the other Armed Forces with Vagabond's rank. The Navy insignia for Lieutenant is the same as Captain for the others. Also, in what part of WC4 does Maniac wear different ranks? I'm not questioning that he does, but it might matter where in the game since half of the time Blair and crew are flying for the Border Worlds.

there is a full listing of ranks in the TCN, TCSF and Kilrathi Imperial forces in WC3's manual.
no pics of the badges and markings, though.

Edfilho said:
no pics of the badges and markings, though.

Doesn't the Kilrathi Saga manual have much of the information from the Victory Streak guide? (I could've sworn it also had pictures of rank insignia, but its been so long, my memory may be playing tricks on me)

Thanks guys!

Sorry about my spelling above, one was in a hurry!

Maniac actually wears the wrong insignia in the intro of WC4 I think its upside down- Captain to major.

I rather like the WC3/4 badges- something different although the Naval ones are slightly confusing.

TA

I thought i saw an error in WCP when i played i last week. Looked like that when Casey is in the briefing room in before the first mission (with Dallas and Zero) he wears a 1st Lt insignia...

LeHah said:
Doesn't the Kilrathi Saga manual have much of the information from the Victory Streak guide? (I could've sworn it also had pictures of rank insignia, but its been so long, my memory may be playing tricks on me)
I don't have KS :(

I need to get KS and the PSX versions. :/

Thank you!

Did anyone notice how HAWK wears a captains badge in WC Prophecy? This is wrong, especially when he's a Colonel in the ship magazine and in WC4. Anyone?

All TCSF officers with the rank of captain or greater wear a captain's badge in Prophecy. I think it was a costuming error.

These tips do help! Thanks for that- I would be curious to know where all this info comes from- I wonder if i'm too interested in the small details- but they do make a difference.

Roberts said:
These tips do help! Thanks for that- I would be curious to know where all this info comes from- I wonder if i'm too interested in the small details- but they do make a difference.
You can never have enough interest in the small details. :)

Damn, I never pay much attention to those things. :p
I never notice those mistakes. I'm always pretty surprised whenever I read the goofs page for any movie in IMDB.

Back