WingCommander 2 Voice pack whereabouts

I would say E'bays your best bet. I managed to get hold of an unused! Wing Commander II Deluxe Edition (speech pack plus the 2 special mission episodes) for £3.50 a few months ago and there seems to be a steady trade of WC2 on there especially if your in the US.

The speech pack is more rare than WC2 deluxe itself. Therefore, it will probably be much easier and cheaper to "rebuy" the entire game than hunt specifically for the speech pack (and if £3.50, under any circumstances, turns you off, then we can't help you at all here).

You can get WC2 Deluxe Edition for an extremely cheap price if you search for it long enough. There was a guy on here who purchased his for only around 89 cents. Not bad for a CD-ROM version of the original game, both expansion packs, and the speech pack. Plus, it means you'll have a backup for the game you already own.

Whatever you do, don't buy it from StarVector.com, though. It's already been established within these forums that they charge waaay too much.

oh yah I saw thoes guys, no way was I going to buy from them. ill just keep an eye out, I already have the game so it doesn't realy matter too much

Are you sure you need the speech pack? It's actually quite rare for someone to have a copy without it -- both the original 1991 disk release and all CD editions include it (so, you'd have to have a diskette version of WC2, but not the first one published...).

I was just looking on "evilbay" and I found several copies of wc2 deluxe on CD for around the $10usd range.

Unless you are someone who is looking to get the speech pack as a collectors item, I'd agree with the others--cheaper/easier to get the wc2 cd.

One final thought, didn't the speech pack come only on floppy disk? In my experience, disks that are that old tend to be unreliable. (I had a floppy version of tie fighter years ago, one disk went bad, rending the game uninstallable)

Back