Wing Commander's music

Yeah well, I know these. They are not truly orchestrated, imho. There are a lot of orchestra arranges out there, especially from japanese games. But Wing Commander is truly lacking.

Yeah, while they don't sound bad, almost all of the tracks sound noticably synthesized to me. I honestly prefer the way the soundblaster sounds... especially stuff like the WC2 themes which are some of my favorite pieces in the whole series...

Yeah well, I know these. They are not truly orchestrated, imho. There are a lot of orchestra arranges out there, especially from japanese games. But Wing Commander is truly lacking.

You're welcome to hire an orchestrator for several thousand dollars and then have him bill you per page of transcription (depending on the number of staves which are dependant on the size of the arrangement you want) if you want something "truly orchestrated". :p

I do know about this "problem". Yet, there are quite some good synthesizers by now, which are capable of producing a decent synthetic orchestra. Like the mp3 posted earlier.

Who made that mp3 anyway and is there more of it / a newer version (since it's called beta).

Who made that mp3 anyway and is there more of it / a newer version (since it's called beta).

I believe that mp3 was done by Dave Govett, who did much of the music for the original Wing Commander.

All this reminds me that we're supposed to hear some Wing Commander music in concert via George Oldziey, aren't we? Any update on that?

I believe that mp3 was done by Dave Govett, who did much of the music for the original Wing Commander.

All this reminds me that we're supposed to hear some Wing Commander music in concert via George Oldziey, aren't we? Any update on that?

Isn't it supposed to be in 2011 sometime? Does anyone have George's email address?

Yeah, it could still be a year away.

Greetings all. Just wanted to let you know that, after some discussions with the maestro of our beloved Austin Symphony Orchestra, music from Wing Commander 3 and 4 will be performed live by the orchestra in a concert, date to be determined, but probably late next year. I know that's a long way off, but it will give me time to actually orchestrate the music, which has never been done before.

Needless to say I'm really excited about this opportunity, which I feel has been a long time coming. Right now my plan is to make a "medley" of sorts of the Intro to Wing 4 segueing into the "Last Mission to Kilrah", which is basically the main theme for Wing 3.

I'll update you as things progress. Also, if you know of other professional orchestras out there that also might want perform the music let me know. The more the merrier!

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster here.

I know this is an old thread but I wasn't sure if this video warranted opening another one.

There's a video on Youtube titled 'Fanborgens Exit March - Wing Commander Suite' which has the WC1 medley played out in orchestra. Audio quality isn't the best.

I can't post a link to it because of my low post count.

What a great week for Wing Commander music!

FYI, there's a great quality recording of George Oldziey's Wing Commander Suite premiere from last weekend... we're just trying to get the proper permissions to release it. But it's "in the vault," just in case that doesn't happen!

(... and if anyone is in Santa Monica, feel free to stop by and listen. I have it on repeat here.)

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster here.

I know this is an old thread but I wasn't sure if this video warranted opening another one.

There's a video on Youtube titled 'Fanborgens Exit March - Wing Commander Suite' which has the WC1 medley played out in orchestra. Audio quality isn't the best.
Allow me.

I can't post a link to it because of my low post count.

That is freaking amazing! Unleashing Wing Commander music on the unsuspecting public I assume? I wish I'd been there! When I got to the part with the WC1 briefing music the hair on the back of my neck stood up. Great post.

Back