wing commander secret ops

mmmp8ak3

Spaceman
can somebody please help i need to activate wc secret ops but the webiste for both registration and key generator doesnt work. can someone please give me their registraion number and callsign.

Based on the skill level choice in the callsign creation screen, I don't suppose there is any way possible to change it in the middle of a campaign?

I registered my callsign on secretops.com back in March. I don't recall selecting a skill level, but apparently I got hero. I'm kicking ass so far, so I figured i was actually on a lower skill level :D

does anyone know where i can get a copy of secret ops? (did have it on cd, but cd get trashed during a house move)

The original 100-something MB main installation package (and the smaller options, like no-video and the 20MB chunks stuff) is legal to download, and is still available in various places (brows the files section on wcnews.com for some links). It's only the episode files for ep2-7 that were to be pulled from public servers after the event ended.

Dervish said:
Based on the skill level choice in the callsign creation screen, I don't suppose there is any way possible to change it in the middle of a campaign?

Of course there is. Just go into the settings and change the level to any you want. You can do this at every time except in space IIRC. The campaign should proceed as normal. At least it always did for me.

Dervish said:
I registered my callsign on secretops.com back in March. I don't recall selecting a skill level, but apparently I got hero. I'm kicking ass so far, so I figured i was actually on a lower skill level :D

There wasn't a setting. You level was picked for you by the degree of nerdiness you showed when answering the questionary. I got Nightmare BTW ;-)

WCP should have only the Nightmare difficulty setting. It is too easy otherwise.

aside from the annoying "save the panthers" mission. Which got a lot easier after I got hang of the CMDs.

Edfilho said:
WCP should have only the Nightmare difficulty setting. It is too easy otherwise.

aside from the annoying "save the panthers" mission. Which got a lot easier after I got hang of the CMDs.

I put together a small WCP/SO mission pak that sort of takes care of the "easiness" of the game. You have two wingmen, and you travel to 5 nav points on a patrol route originating from the Midway. At every nav point (cept one), you face a huge hord of bugs in their various ships. Its almost like Mario's WCP/SO "Devil-Ray waves" mission, lots and lots of those green slime fireing bugs floating about.

Its hardly "easy"...but managable. Key to wining the mission is for you and your two wingmen to return intact to the Midway. Any losses and you loose, tho the mission is not scripted for that.

You can find that mission at my site in the files section, filename MIBTMPAK.zip, or you can download the individual mission files for WCP or WCPSO seperately.

An old rule of wargames is that missions are only won fairly if you win them THE FIRST TIME YOU PLAY. Playing a second time is a form of cheating, since you already know what's going to happen and what you have to do (no, that's not the briefing information, but the actual twists of the mission).

So if a game has a series of missions that simply cannot be won in the first attempt (aham, X-Wing), it's not realistic to assume any real pilot could've done it.

Funny, I just ranted about that in another thread.

We must remember that real world wars are "played" without saves and reloads, the commander and grunts win and lose, live or die based on their skill, luck and ability to react "correctly" to what happens in real time...

Edfilho said:
Funny, I just ranted about that in another thread.

We must remember that real world wars are "played" without saves and reloads, the commander and grunts win and lose, live or die based on their skill, luck and ability to react "correctly" to what happens in real time...

I do this the first time through of any game . . . I play like I have one life. Its so much more gratifying when you do something right, instead of playing it over and over again till you beat every single mission. There was so many times in WC1 where I was so beat to hell in a Hornet or Scim that I had to go home before finishing the patrol or afterburn away from a fight. Same with WC3 on Nightmare, though afterburning away isn't as much an option there. Had to cut many missions short.

C-ya

You probably liked Diablo's ironman (IIRC) option then =)
Your approach is interesting. There are people who install a game then jump to www.gamefaqs.com to learn the cheatcodes. lame.

Back