Wing Commander Music Kickstarter Hits $10,000 (February 27, 2014)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
After one week of fund raising, former Origin composer George Oldziey's campaign to create a live orchestra Wing Commander album has reached its first $10,000! There's been a good response so far, but another $25,000 is needed in the next three weeks to get the album made.

There's also more music stories from Origin's glory days! Now you can read about how the opening sequence theme of Wing Commander 3 came to be. "I went for a long run early the next morning (been an avid runner since I was 20) and a theme came to me in the middle of the run. As soon as I got my sweaty self home I sat at the piano and got the theme, and a chord progression, down on paper. That became the Kilrathi theme for the project. I played it for an old composition professor some years later. He asked, "Why so many minor chords?" I said, "They were really bad guys." :)" Watch and listen to the intro below!

The next update is just too hilarious to spoil. You have to check it out yourself! "No one ever caught it, and I of course never mentioned it. Until now. :)"

I'm very thrilled as well as grateful that we passed the $10,000 threshold today with the campaign! Many heartfelt thanks to all who have contributed as well as spread the word! You all are the BEST! 22 days to go!

--
Original update published on February 27, 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
Backed @ $20. He needs... some kind of $75 level - where you get the digital download as soon as it is available, AND the CD whenever it is finally released.

Backed @ $20. He needs... some kind of $75 level - where you get the digital download as soon as it is available, AND the CD whenever it is finally released.

Hey, at the $100 level, you do get this! All levels $20 and up include the digital download, but this was added after the campaign went live, and preexisting pledge tiers with donors cannot be changed.

Clarification on Pledge Rewards

Greetings again! You may have noticed that I've been adding some new rewards based on some very good suggestions. Since I've been getting pledges at many of the current levels I can't edit the wording in Kickstarter to add additional text. BUT, you can definitely count on the fact that, if you pledge at one level and you notice there is something I've added at a lower level of giving you are also entitled to that reward. For example, I just added a $400 pledge where you would receive an autographed copy of the musical score. Anyone pledging at higher levels than that are also entitled to that reward, not just at the $400 pledge. Similarly, anyone pledging at any of the levels above $20 are also entitled to digital downloads of the music.

Hey, at the $100 level, you do get this! All levels $20 and up include the digital download, but this was added after the campaign went live, and preexisting pledge tiers with donors cannot be changed.

I should've read the clarifications more closely, thanks Chris! I may just have to upgrade my pledge, tonight!!

Back