Wing Commander MUSH revival?

Hello all! Good what, two year hiatus? Well the bad news is I gave up. The good news is that people can now try connecting at: whamy.timbabwe.com port 2197

Let me guess you could never find a coder for the project? A long time ago I was trying to start a new Star Wars Mush and that was what killed mine.

Hah no. I was deployed too much. Between deployments, I was attending army courses. Anyhow, we've had a max connection of 10 players so far (that's... Right now). A far cry from the 108 maximum way back when, but it's something. Anyone reading this who happened to used to play on Wing Commander: Red Horizons, feel free to stop by. Hell, if you're wanting to figure out what the hell I am talking about and would be interested in checking us out, just either PM me or respond on this and i'll help with starting things up.

Sounds good, Rogue. Eventually I'll start a new thread concerning Wing Commander: Red Horizon when we start trying to get players involved. For now, feel free to stop by and check us out.

Things are kind of hetic right now but they should settle down some next week. I'm kind of worried about the combat system though, is it turn based or real-time? I have probelms with real-time based combat in mushes because Ihave a mediccal condition which slows my typing speed.

For space flight? We're a mix of real time and turn based, but when all of the revisions are made, I believe Rince and Co are looking to go purely turn based.

With help (as in they did it and I did nothing), I've managed to get Beyond the Fire back up on my home server. the-foundry.biz:2834

Back