Wing Commander Mod for Homeworld...

LoneWolf

Spaceman
Homeworld, for those of you who don't know is a wonderful space combat strategy game. Completely 3D and a whole lot of fun. Anyway, Relic (Homeworld's producing studio) released the files enabling people to make MOD's. I was thinking... Wouldn't a Wing Commander MOD for this be wonderful?! Ordering squadrons of HellCats to take out the Kilrathi Frigate, or getting your destroyer squadron to take out the enemy formation of enemy cap ships! The two sides would be Kilrathi and Confed (no bugs). There are PLENTY of ships to chose from to put in the game. A fully 3D space strategy game about Wing Commander... It'd be FANTASTIC! Anyway, I'm trying to get both communities (Homeworld's and WC's) aware of this. I want to see this happen!!

That would be AWESOME!!!!
Combine the best (the only?) 3-D strategy game with the best space combat sim ever!
It takes an uncommon mind. :) (is that how you do it?)

guess not.
how 'bout this?
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an excellent idea! I really have no idea how you'd actually go about doing this, but I'd encourage it to continue!

Well, here's what I think about that idea...

Now some of you may disagree, possibly even severely, but bear with me here...

I think that idea really really really really really... rocks. And I'd like to offer my services in any area I'm capable of aiding you in.

------------------
Hats off to the new-age hairstyle made of bones,
Hats off to the use of hats as megaphones...

-Frosty

You go, Frosty.
smile.gif

------------------
"We're going to the same freakin' jail cell anyway."

Are there any WC shipskins (or how do you call those things?) for Freespace?

------------------
The time is near.
There are 344 days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

(recognizing 3D shooter names (probibly Quake
smile.gif
) )

They're 3D models and textures.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Combine the best (the only?) 3-D strategy game with the best space combat sim ever!
It takes an uncommon mind

You mean like mine?
smile.gif
Give each ship the ability to cloak, whole bunches of guns and batteries and turrets, building space stations, the salvage corvettes could work as Marine Shuttles. The autorepair can work like the shields.

Well... I've only SEEN Homeworld played once, but ...

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

(Sorry if I went a bit overboard there...
wink2.gif
)

It'd give me a reason to play Homeworld.

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

[This message has been edited by Anagram (edited September 02, 2000).]

Calm down!
smile.gif

Someone is already doing it. Just go to the Fan Projects section of the CIC.

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our neck before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Kahlil Gibran

Member of the LMG(Centaurian)

Err... Yeah...

Umm.. That post was 8 months ago... I don't think anyone cares if you agree with an 8 month old post or not.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Back