Wing Commander Medals

Fantastic!!! I was actually looking for information on all the Confed medals not too long ago. Great going, Loaf, I like this!

Added a bunch of unsized pictures last night.

Also, if you guys missed it from another thread, I also did a new ranks article -- https://www.wcnews.com/articles/ranks.shtml

We're looking for additional references for that, as well -- especially for the marine ranks. I'm sure there's a Lance Corporal mentioned *somewhere* in the Wing Commander continuity!

Edit: I moved the medals into the CIC /articles section -- https://www.wcnews.com/articles/medals.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't the KS manual have pictures of the medals as well?

LeHah said:
Didn't the KS manual have pictures of the medals as well?

Yeah, they're the third ones over (for the 'Stars). I used the colorized versions from the MegaCD port's manual.

Top Gun said:
It would have been nice to recieve medals in WC III-Prophecy

It would have been, but I can't imagine that the story could've accomodated the achievement-driven (as opposed to plot-driven) medals system used in WC I. You couldn't earn medals in WC II, either.

Eh, wouldn't be too bad. Do well enough on a mission have a generic video of Eisen awarding you a medal... and then have a box in your locker where you can look at it.

They did the first part in Prophecy -- Casey wins three 'plot' medals... but they never got around to adding a locker where he could look at them afterwards, so everyone forgets that they exist.

I forgot about Prophecy (other than getting the medal at the end). I always liked the X-Wing decorations system where you got stuff for completing missions and doing stuff in the game. Hopefully a WC fan project will come along with something like that. :)

Some of the ones I remember from WC3 and 4 are the Asiatic Pacific Campaign Medal, The Army of Occupation Medal, Meritorious Service Medal,(hanging from a blue ribbon?) Phillipine Liberation, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Navy Expeditionary Medal, Air Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal, Humanitarian Service Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Medal, and the Vietnam Campaign Medal.

I would like to know what that WCP medal was that Casey received at the end of the game. I own that medal along with the WCP DFC that I got from EBAY. I look forward to wearing it at DC one of these days,

Mad Cow said:
Hopefully a WC fan project will come along with something like that.
Actually Wing Commander Saga (A WC fan project you can read about on this site) might have medals:
Viper61 said:
aces - yes
aces more difficult - definitely (depending on the situation and the ace, maybe much much much much more difficult )
different paint jobs for aces - most probably (its in the queue and is very important to us)
promotions/medals - you'll have to play to find out!
squadron paint schemes - been discussed a little, but its not a high priority
rookie/ace skill level difference - yes
WC Saga takes place slightly before and during the WC3 timeline. The screenshots look AWESOME!!!
Ridgerunner said:
Some of the ones I remember from WC3 and 4 are the Asiatic Pacific Campaign Medal, The Army of Occupation Medal, Meritorious Service Medal,(hanging from a blue ribbon?) Phillipine Liberation, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal....
!?? huh?? I don't remember ANY of those! I must not have played as well as you ;).

Bandit LOAF said:
They did the first part in Prophecy -- Casey wins three 'plot' medals...
I remembered the medal award in Prophecy... but I only remember one of them - the Confederation Flying Cross. What were the other two?

[Wait, I notice the "unidentified" one in your medals.html, but was that actually shown in the game?]

Back