Wing Commander Board game

i wsa thinking of making a table top wargame based on wing commander.. the basic idea is to have the universe map you will direct your forces..after every turn u get so many recorce points depending on how many systems you control I would like to set it during the Terran/kilrathi war (games 1-3)..also get a 2nd map of a space backdrop where battle will take place using turn based combat with dice for scoring hit points ect. a litle complicated i know but it would be intresting if i mamnagde to do it. Or i could even base it on a ground war? which i wapould love to do but don know anything about the ground warfare in wing commander

Have you ever played Battlefleet Gothic from the Games Workshop line of games? The second part of your ideam using a space backdrop where the ships battle during turn based play using dice and counters sounds similar to that game. That game takes place in the 41st Millenium in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. I don't know if you are familiar with that. But both players, or you can have more than two, each have their own fleets represented by models which battle it out on a table that can include other space based objects as terrain (space stations, planets, nebula, asteriods, etc). Each side takes turns moving and shooting.

The main difference is that Battlefleet gothic tends to use more gun warships than carriers. Though there are rules for using fighters and bombers based on ships. So i am sure it could be modified for more carrier based space warfare.

I used to collect WarHammer 40,000 i loved the space marines :) maby i could create a Wing Commander ground combat game based on the WH40k rules..

I collect both Warhammer 40k and Battlefleet Gothic. I have a pretty large Ultramarines army, almost a full company. A large platoon of Imperial Guardsmen, and a couple squads of other groups like the Space Wolves and the Sisters of Battle.

In Battlefleet Gothic i have a large Imperial fleet, followed by a slightly smaller Chaos fleet, and then a small Eldar fleet. Haven't played that as wh40k. I really just like building and painting the models.

Being the gaming fan I am (40K, Warhammer Fantasy, Blood Bowl, Space Hulk, Epic and others) (Still involved in these games) I have ground rules for a WC space combat game.

Essentially it uses the current Epic 40k firepower rules. If you'd like to e-mail you the info I'll type it up and send it out to you.

(WC3 stuff to start with).

Back