Wing Commander and Beyond!

Well, I have three copies already, so there's your answer.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
3 copies?? I can see two, Prophecy and Prophecy Gold, where did you get the third one?

------------------
There is no God but myself. No destiny but what I deem for me. I walk my path and no others, for I am free.

http://www.ntr.net/~vondoom

I get the third copy while in Poland. I though it might have some extra stuff inside like the Polish version of Diablo 2 I got, but no such luch. I didn't even get a new map.
frown.gif
But at least I got to play it while there, and it was dirt cheap.

Three is not enoguh!
smile.gif

For instance, I have...

- The original, bought the day it came out.
- The SAM's Club edition, released about a week later.
- The Pacific version, with the 'Null-G Bomblets' in the manual.
- The European classic edition, with a swanky odd box.
and last but not least, Prophecy in Korean, given to me by Joe Garrity (G)

I only have one... and it didn't even have the map
frown.gif
. The Null-G Bomblets in the manual aren't much of a consolation, frankly.

i got 2 of 'm too

-The original, bought the day it came out (here).
and
- The European classic edition, with a swanky odd box (wich came without a map! rip off's! i thought i'd buy a cheap poster but noooo...)

------------------
twist·er (twstr): n. 1. One that twists, as in the manufacture of rope or yarn. 2. Sports. A ball thrown or batted with a twist. 3. Informal. A. A cyclone. B. A tornado. 4. Confed pilot, hero of the kilrathi war, renowned fleet admiral.

Hell, there are lots of people I know who'd love to get their hands on a Null-G Bomblet manual. I'll trade you ten maps and a regular ICIS for it (G)

Aww, come on
smile.gif
. It's a single paragraph with a black & white picture. Apart from the fact that those Bomblets are a damned neat idea, there's nothing exciting about it.

But hey, I'm sure those ten maps must be real trouble for you... how 'bout I take off your hands for free?
biggrin.gif

What the hell is a Null-G Bomblet?

I, alas, only have one copy of Prophecy.
frown.gif
Just a barely-working Gold edition I bought in 1999... I do have two WC1s, though (an original from 1990 and the KS PCGamer one).

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Ya just got no respect, I was pretty darned excited when I found out about those bomblets...
smile.gif

Really? I don't even think those Null-G thingies are in the game. PLus I don't have that funky map, either, I've had to cope with the JPEG download.
frown.gif

Yeah, well, I was excited about the Bomblets when I first read about them, right after opening my WCP box... which, oddly enough, was about two months before I actually played the game.
I still wish they were in the game, but I just don't think they're as good as a map.

That having been said, I would never, ever, trade my manual for one of the inferior non-Bomblet versions of the ICIS
smile.gif

Dralthi5: The null G bomblets are exactly what the name implies - pig iron
wink2.gif
According to the manual IIRC you drop them on a ship hull & they do tons of damage. Apparently though they weren't actually incorporated along with all the other stuff that was supposed to go into WCP.

Bandit LOAF: "Ya just got no respect, I was pretty darned excited when I found out about those bomblets..." You got that straight - I was pretty darned excited to see bombs, HARMs, Swarmers, Trackers & rocket pods
cool.gif
Heck I got an even bigger kick when I finally finished that WC4 raid the carrier mission where you get the Mace. Didn't even know the Mace was in WC4 'till my friend showed me his official guide - it had stuff on all the games, addons & novels. Plus it was in color
biggrin.gif

Wedge009: The bombs aren't in the game though I recall someone saying "Bombs away!"

Quarto: "which, oddly enough, was about two months before I actually played the game." That's nothing. I got the game & had to wait 6 months before I finally got hold of a computer that could run it.

Just a few questions:
For those of you that bought WCP when it first came out did you set off to the store with the express purpose of buying WCP or were just wondering around & then noticed it & decided "Whoa cool!!! Must buy."?
Also what versions of WCP included the map or was it just WCPG?

Well, Penguin, I knew WCP had been out for quite some time and was planning to get it, but at that particular time (I was on holidays in Singapore) I was really only looking for KSaga. I searched quite a few stores, didn't find KSaga, and finally decided that that being the case, I might as well buy WC4 and WCP - as consolation, if you will.

A day later, I found KSaga - of all places, it was in a store in the basement of the hotel I was staying in. Aye, a fine piece of luck that was
smile.gif

That was great luck, Quarto.

Although your question, Penguin, doesn't really apply to me, I'll answer anyway.
smile.gif
I went into the Electronics Boutique at my mall in early June of 1999 with the intent to buy WCPG (I found out about Prophecy in late 1998, but didn't even have a computer until the following May). Turned out, I didn't have enough money for even regular old Prophecy, so I rushed back into J.C. Penney's to get some more cash from my mom, then rushed back to Electronics Boutique, then found out I had enough for the Gold edition and bought it. Well, then I needed a joystick, so we rushed over to Best Buy and bought my cheap, ten dollar RaiderPro. Why were we rushing? 'Cause I wanted to get home to catch the DS9 series finale, which was coming on in like 45 minutes.
wink2.gif
And there's my exhausting story of how I got Prophecy.

Also, the Gold edition doesn't have the neato map. At least mine didn't...

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

I just don't understand why they have to make things different in different regions. Is it just to frustrate us, or for the sake of collectors who are rich/silly/whatever enough to have more than one copy of a game?

Erm, no.

The 'Null-G Bomblets' were included in the Pacific version as a mistake... they were removed from the game towards the end of the development cycle, *after* the Pacific ICIS manuals were printed -- this is sometimes the case these days, when games are released internationally at the same time. This is also why you don't find specific ship stats in manuals anymore -- they aren't available when the manuals are created.

Sometimes differences are required by law... for example, in Germany WCIV had to have scenes changed because they were considered by censors to be too violent.

In the case of things like the Prophecy Maps, they were included in the British release because the British publishing company had enough left over from Prophecy -- the American one did not.

Bandit LOAF said:
In the case of things like the Prophecy Maps, they were included in the British release because the British publishing company had enough left over from Prophecy -- the American one did not.

I didn't quite understand that last one, leftover from what?

Back