wing commander 6

I really hope all of these online games don't charge extreme prices monthly. I already know Ultima Online rocks, and the price isn't that bad. If POL were to come out and force you to empty you piggy-friggin-banks, then I would walk out of Babbage's and give the ole' middle finger to the box... Origin would begin to suck if the games became too expensive to play.

------------------
Heck, when you think of a better signature, tell me.

It'll probably cost as much as UO, and we'll probably get one or two months for free. However I would buy the game just to look at the box, even if I couldn't play it.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Vespa. Vespus. They're close enough. One's first declension, the other's second, but it's the same Latin word.
smile.gif

------------------
Doing the bull dance. Feeling the flow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's pray that it doesn't require too much bandwidth, like a cable modem. Lag in UO is one thing, lag in POL would be another. One moment you're flying, on the other you're going splat on a capship.

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

Or they could pull an awesome trick of makeup and special effects and make someone look an sound like Jason Bernard...

Naaahh... That wouldn't work.

Ouch! forgot to use the edit button. sorry.

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited January 14, 2000).]

I really don't see the point in a game relying on the net, I mean it's not like connections are the most reliable thing. Say the net is down becuase of a snow storm, you have a 50 dollar piece of software that is useless.
biggrin.gif
I wouldn't pay my hard earned money for such a thing. I would still like to see a sequel to armada set in the prophecy timeline.

Death's Head yes we know that, but how do we know who was on the Concordia. Hunter wasn't, Angel wasn't, Doomsday wasn't, Sparks wasn't. And I'm sure there are more, I just don't want to think right now (my head hurts)

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Well, Hunter obviously wasn't on it, because he was dead at this point.
smile.gif
(And if anyone has definite proof that Stingray died on the Concordia over Vespus, I'd like to see it. Conjecture won't cut it.
smile.gif
)

------------------
A gun rack? I don't own a gun, let alone many guns to neccessitate an entire rack.

Hey Earthworm... Sorry, bud, they did say that Prophecy was to be the begining of a new trilogy. It was in a PCGamer preview of Prophecy with an interview with Chris Roberts. It told us that the bugs were the focus of a new trilogy of games. Now that Mr. Roberts has left, however, I'm not sure of WC's future. I'm pretty sure that Origin will still produce the games. At least lets hope so.

LoneWolf, I don't know why did they have an interview with Roberts, as he had nothing to do with Prophecy, but Origin never said they were going to make a trilogy. I've seen articles about them making a trilogy out of it, but only a producer of the cutscenes (or something like that) in Prophecy said that there will be a trilogy, but like I said, it was never officialy said by Origin.

------------------

Well, Earthworm, I guess I have to take back my comment, for I can't find the proof. I lost the magazine it was in, and can't seem to find it on the net. Also, I know it wasn't Mr. Roberts, because he had left for Digital Anvil by then, which was something i had forgotten. All I know is that Syd Mead was creating the alien race for Prophecy, and that he said he didn't intend to give the species a name until the second installment. When i find an interview or article, i'll post it.

Yes now I remember, Syd Mead said that, but he doesen't speak for Origin. Origin didn't oficialy say there was going to be a new trilogy, and Syd Mead can say whatever he wants, but it doesen't have to be what Origin is going to do. They could have been planing a trilogy at the time but it was nothing oficial.

------------------

So Syd Mead, a part of the creating team, just decides to assume that there will be more games? I don't think so. If Prophecy was the last game in the WC line, then he would have known that. He would have named the race, and i think the story would not have left so many questions unanswered, or left it so WIDE OPEN for a sequel. So now if there aren't going to be any more games, there should have been a cancelation notice, for there was NO WAY that they were going to end the series with that story. It was good, but it left us waiting for the next game, which is something i doubt they would have done, if they didn't intend on making another one.

Just because something is planned at one point doesn't mean it'll always be done as planned.

Besides, Mead isn't part of Origin. He can say all he wishes, based on whatever information he may have and how he interprets it, but without what he says being 'official,' you can't really base anything officially planned (which even then may change... think of how Priv3/POL/Priv* has evolved) on his comments.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Exactly my poiny Death.
smile.gif

------------------

Back