Wing Commander 3 in 3CDs?!

Hmmm... all of my versions DOS, KS, and PSx have 4. They must be lying. Fifty lashes with a wet noodle for them. :D

Perhaps there was a DVD edition? But even 3 is alot for a DVD.
My Kilrathi Saga copy has only 4 cds also.

DyNaMiX said:
Perhaps there was a DVD edition? But even 3 is alot for a DVD.
My Kilrathi Saga copy has only 4 cds also.

Given that WC3 came out when CD-ROM was starting out as a PC format, and DVDs wouldn't be out for like 3-4 years as a movie format, much less a PC one.... nope. :D

Karthik@KANE said:
I know it sounds crazy, but there are people who admit there have only 3CDs instead of 4. Can anyone confirm this?

Once in a while people sell WC3 on ebay missing a disc. There is no real 3 disc version. Mac, Kilrathi Saga, Playstation.. they're all four discs for WC3.

Hey there Karthik, would you like to buy a bridge?

LeHah said:
Hey there Karthik, would you like to buy a bridge?

Forget the bridge, Karthik. I've got this planet, if you want it, orbiting a large yellow star... I'll sell it cheap - it's been the nexus point for a few alien invasions, but it's otherwise in mostly good shape. Bit of a fixer-upper though.

Aww, drop it, guys -- it's entirely *possible* that a port of WC3 would be done on 3 CDs (especially with larger 72 & 80 minute CDs these days)... it didn't *actually* happen, but it's not a stupid question at all.

(Especially considering that they did WCIV on 4 CDs for the Playstation -- who'd have believed that?)

That reminds me of that Kilrathi Saga I bought used, which only had disk 1.

Well, for four bucks...

Even more annoying was the fact that WC3 was installed, but I needed the other disks that I didn't have...

Lots of people have seen that... it's the crappy version of WC4 DVD with the movies from the CD version

overmortal said:
Is it still possible to aquire the (good quality) dvd version of WC4?

I got lucky a year ago and got a copy of the double sided. However the place I bought it from doesn't seem to sell it anymore. As with everything else, try EBay.

Well, nothing at this moment. My computer doesn't have a dvd rom, and it's too crummy to make use of one anyway. But, if I get a better computer, I'll make you an offer you can't refuse. . . unless you just really want to.

overmortal said:
Well, nothing at this moment. My computer doesn't have a dvd rom, and it's too crummy to make use of one anyway. But, if I get a better computer, I'll make you an offer you can't refuse. . . unless you just really want to.
I'll buy you a bottle of vodka if you give me the double sided DVD version and the DVD-card that comes along with it!

Back