Wing Commander 3 and 4

I was thinking of buying these games off ebay, but I wanted to know if they need dos because I have windows XP......and if they(or just 1), is there a way to run them on win xp home edition?

I was also wondering if they were as good as Wing Commander 1 & 2, because I'm not sure about the use of real actors for the cinimatics, I really liked the way they had it before.

You're probably going to want to look for two very hard to get items. Either the Wing Commander: Kilrathi Saga (For Wing Commander III) or if you can find it, a Win9X version of WCIV. I lucked out on both counts (Someone gave me their copy of the KS, wasn't into it I suppose, and I got the DVD MPEG edition of WCIV with my old DVD drive about 5 years ago.

Turns out that my friend has a copy of Wing Commander III and is gonna give it to me! I have Wing Commander 1 and 2, and the kilrathi saga is going for $152 on ebay, so I need to get good ol WCIII to work.

So, I need to know if Wing Commander III & IV will work with Windows XP....and if not, is there another way to make them work?

There is only aout a day left to bid, so if there is no hope for it to work, I don't want to waste money

I think that the use of Real Actors, worked great.

I'm affraid I can't really help you with the main question, since both my Wing Commander III and IV are for the Playstation.

Cant help you finding them....but if you do , you definetly buy them!

We are talking about the TopWc games with Wc4 (in my opinion) the best Wc there is...

P.S. Topgun, you are missing a lot of fun having these 2 in PSX, I got Wc3 in PSX version (besides the DOS and Win95 in my Pc) and it really really sucks.......Well its got improved Videos but nothing more......

Thnx, but I need to know if the stand alone WC3(and WC4) will work

I am just very broke at the moment, so I'm trying to save all the money I can.

Both WC3 and WC4 DOS versions work in Win9x, so I assume using them in WinXP with Win95 compatibility set should work.

that might work... does anyone know if Prophecy works in XP? i installed it and it ran but the movies were messed up...

oh ok thanks.... i find WC:p so addictive... i don't know what it is.... there is just something about that game that makes it great...

Originally posted by Millzy
oh ok thanks.... i find WC:p so addictive... i don't know what it is.... there is just something about that game that makes it great...

The ICIS manual is laced with heroin.

I got 2 Os in my system now and looks like Im gonna solve any Wc problem related.

If I get Privateer to work again, I think everything else doesnt matter

I've got a Mac and want to know if (besides Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger) there is any other WC games that work for Macs. Can anyone help me out?

Originally posted by Chris Blair
I've got a Mac and want to know if (besides Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger) there is any other WC games that work for Macs. Can anyone help me out?

Yup, there was an excellent Mac port of Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom... and there's a Mac (and 3DO)-only Wing Commander game called Super Wing Commander (it's basically a more modern remake of the original WC).

Back