Will Cyberions' Sabre Cockpit be used in Standoff?

Andropolos

Spaceman
I think I remember Eder saying that he didn't have the time to make all the cockpits per ship as he would have want to. I seem to remember Sabre was one of them

So when I saw the following...

https://cdn.wcnews.com/newershots/full/cybsabrecockpit.jpg

and the fact that Cyberion offers the model for download...

ftp://ftp.wcnews.com/files/fans/cyb-sabrecockpit.zip

I thought I might bring this to your attention. You might know this already, and you probably do, but in the off chance that you might not, well, here it is.

It might need some adjustments to work with all the other models, but it exists. And if it does bode well with the rest of the models, why not ask Cyberion to create cockpits for those fighters that don't have them?

(Cyberion if you ever read this, please do the "missing ones". Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it will not. For two reasons:

1. Eder prefers to keep usage of non-Eder models to an absolute minimum - and non-Eder textures to even less than the absolute minimum.

2. We already have a Sabre cockpit. We also already have cockpits for all the campaign ships, and as you can guess from the recent appearance of the unplanned Raptor cockpit, Eder likes to add extra things like that when he's got the time. Basically, as far as the modelling department's concerned, Eder's a one-man army :p.

Yup. If it requires modelling, and Eder didn't model it, it isn't in Standoff. :p

Edit: FWIW, if I have time to add more cockpits, the next ones would probably be the Broadsword and Ferret.

I would love Broadsword, Ferret, Hornet, blah blah blah cockpits.

Hell, why not, as an after-release bonus for download, create cockpits for each ship in the game?

Want to fly a Drakhri using the standoff package? Welcome to its cockpit. I know it's a ton of extra work, and nearly out of the question, but it'd be cool.

Heh, that sort of thing is certainly a possibility... it's not a time consuming task, and patches that only bring cosmetical changes shouldn't have any negative side effects on the final version of the game.

Mind you, I would prefer to not see any Kilrathi cockpits done for Standoff until we could do some research into a) adding new fonts, and b) changing the font for some, but not all, cockpits. There happens to be a Movie Kilrathi font out there... ;)

No, because the research is not about what fonts should be used in a Kilrathi cockpit or anything like that, but how to implement them in WCP.

(besides, Armada used ordinary English writing, except for one or two cockpit art details)

overmortal said:
Wasn't there something different in the Dralthi cockpit of WCSM2?
IIRC, no. Like I said, some of the Armada cockpits featured a bit of Kilrathi writing (specifically, the 'eject' warnings). The Jrathek in Academy did, as well. We used some of these in UE for the Kilrathi cockpits, but there's no way to actually decipher the writing, so can't make a font out of it. So, the Movie writing (even though a lot of its letters are non-canon) is the only viable option.

Back