• Confed

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Nephilim

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Both sides ram each other and they blow up

Votes: 16 35.6%

• Total voters
Originally posted by mpanty
By now I've gotten used to the fact that whenever I praise the Insults thread, you or Frosty have to come around bashing it down

An intelligent individual would take that as a hint.

Originally posted by dacis2
ok, would you DIE for it?

If Elliot Goldenthal told me to throw myself on a knife for him, I'd do it. If you give me a good enough reason to die, like for good music or for the right people I know or hell, if it was badass and had a purpose? Sure. Why not? Living is overrated to begin with.

Hint for what? That you and Frosty are a**holes? :)
This is a big boys' chat room. We can say "assholes" here.

Anyway, it takes one to know one, pal.

Originally posted by Frosty
This is a big boys' chat room. We can say "assholes" here.
Fine, since you have no inhibition towards being vulgar... :rolleyes:

Anyway, it takes one to know one, pal.
Mmmmhh maybe we can form a club then, what do you say? You can be president... <g>

You're not showing signs of being too bright either in this case... The reason people put ** is to hint at the word without actually saying it...
If I say "[Beep] you", no one heard any bad word, but everyone guessed it...

If by guessed it, you mean knows exactly what you mean. What the hell's the point? If you want to say something, come out and say it. It's not like saying 'fuck' or 'shit' is going to hurt anyone any more than saying f*** or sh*t...

Theoretically yes, since the ** could be replaced by anything... :)
Don't be an idiot. You're trying to get a specific word accross to me, and you expect me to understand what you mean. So using **s in place of letters changes nothing.

Originally posted by TC
It's not like saying 'fuck' or 'shit' is going to hurt anyone any more than saying f*** or sh*t...
I disagree, but that's a matter of opinion...

Understand this: I'm certainly not scandalized by vulgar or rough language, I've heard many conversations where the word "fuck" occured regularly every 5 seconds, so saying "fuck" or "asshole" is not going to kill me... However, I DO try to avoid using curse and bad words as much as possible, especially when I express myself in written format... and when I do use them, I use the "lighter" form with **...

Now if you think that "fuck" and "f***" are the same thing, fine, I'm not telling you how to express yourself or which words you can or cannot use. However, I don't see why you, or Frosty namely, should do so with me... I mean, I don't get why you even give a damn whether I say "a**hole" or "asshole", so leave me the fuck alone!!
"Fuck"... whoops... :)

Now if you think that "fuck" and "f***" are the same thing, fine, I'm not telling you how to express yourself or which words you can or cannot use. However, I don't see why you, or Frosty namely, should do so with me...

Because it seems contrary to the whole idea behind communication, which is to allow other people to understand you. You've said just a few posts ago that you're meaning for people to understand it as asshole, so saying a**hole works against this. I don't understand why someone would do that.

Okay, let me put it this way... why are TV shows broadcast at times where children can watch them, censored with [Beep]s when a bad word is spoken? As I said, even an 8 year old kid whose parents have educated not to say bad words can understand what's behind "[Beep] you!", so why put the [Beep]? So that younger children that still have to learn speaking avoid hearing it, and avoid incorporating it into everyday language? Yeah, that's a reason... but another reason is that while I personally don't mind much hearing "fuck" every 5 seconds, some people are disturbed by that... they're probably already disturbed by the fact bad words are hinted at, but hearing them just makes it worse...

So for respect of those people, I use "a**hole" instead of "asshole". It's a habit, I mean, although I'm sure nobody gives a [Beep] about it in this particular board, I still do it and again, I don't see why such a fuss is made for it...

Now see, in this case you can replace the [Beep] above with many different words... I'm sure you have lots of imagination for that. :)

Back